Thanks to Kaycee for helping me remember this little nugget of dating shame with your post over at VSoM last week.
I had been dating this guy at BYU in my family home evening group (a BIG "no-no"!) for a few weeks, when he took me on a date to Subway for dinner. We stood at the counter to order, and I studied the menu intently. You have to understand that I hate making decisions on food selections at restaurants because I always think someone else's food looks better once we sit down to eat. Sometimes it takes me an embarassing amount of time to decide because I'm second-guessing myself. I was studying this thing!
A few awkward moments passed where I felt like all eyes were watching me: "So WHAT is your ORDER already?" they were thinking. My date was staring at me. The 2 Subway employees across the counter were staring and half-smiling.
"What? WHAT is your problem?" I'm thinking.
Then my date asks, "Did you read the entire menu?"
"I'm still thinking...hold on." The pressure is mounting! Quick, Suzie! Pick anything! I'm still staring intently, hands in my back pockets...straining to read all of the little words in the description of each sandwich.
And then I realize why everyone is staring: At the top of the menu is says, "S-, will you go to Homecoming with me? Love, M-"
I have such a horrendous memory, I don't remember what I did next. But, apparently I didn't answer him there, because I did it in a much more "creative" (a.k.a mortifyingly embarassing!) way later that week. I'm so embarassed I can't even write about it. You'll have to ask Amy Lynn for the rest of the story, because it involved her, and I can't BELIEVE she went along with it. HORRORS!
7 comments:
OK...I don't even know this story! I love the intensity with which you were studying the menu board. Do I really have to ask Amy Lynn for the "answer" or will you indulge it here in the comments? You can post it as "anonymous"...
So juicy...
You can't just leave us hanging like that...its not fair!
Sandy
I'm telling you...Amy is the only one who can really tell the ending to this story. I still can't believe she did it...
Okay, Amy, we're all breathlessly waiting for the rest of the story! Get with it!
I promise to share something embarassing if you finish the story... ;)
I'm still laughing at you studying the menu board, though. Oh, how much like me that sounds.
I am humiliated beyond words to be saying this out loud on a blog but I don't remember the end to this story. I know it was over the top, I remember helping you answer him but I have NO recollection of what I did. I woke up at 4:30 a.m. last night and thought I had it but it quickly slipped away again. I think it had something to do with singing and the Helaman Halls cafeteria...am I even close? I really am not joking. I can't remember. Please finish the story so I can release my surpressed memories.
Amy,
You have subconsiously erased this memory, and for good cause! It involved dressing up like a Subway employee and delivering a sandwich to this boy's class at BYU while the teacher was lecturing. And it wasn't a little class either...it was a lecture hall(a couple hundred seats) in the building adjacent to the Widstoe building...can't remember the name even though I had church there for 2 years...
Do we need to to release these suppressed memories with hypnosis?...
Post a Comment