Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Aloha!

Wedding - beautiful.
New sister-in-law even more lovely, kind and gracious.
Reception - gorgeous cliff overlooking ocean.
Food Poisoning - the perfect way to ruin a perfectly good day in Hawaii.
Beach Bungalow - our bedroom window is 15 feet from the surf! Very loud at night.
Running with Zook - always a pleasure, but certainly more so in Hawaii.
Pearl Harbor, USS Arizona - thought-provoking and very REAL.
The Punchbowl military cemetary - awe-inspiring and gorgeous beyond words.
Unintentional detour through the mountains - amazing views of Honolulu.
Beaches - big waves, kind of scary but fun.
Snorkeling - first time. Freaking Amazing!
Snorkeling again - I think I really like this stuff.
Tan - coming along. Actually remembered sunblock.
Turtles on beach - 6 of them!
Whale spouts - wow!
6-hour game of Settlers of Catan - thankfully I didn't play.
Kids - missing them.
Amazing families watching my kids - so thankful for them.
Today - Polynesian Cultural Center. Can't wait!

10 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

Hurray for Hawaii and family and weddings and sea turtles and big, foamy waves! I love being here! Can I print out your blogs as a substitute for the journal I'm not keeping?

Emily said...

Oh, it all sounds so nice.

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hey Suzie,

I keep meaning to update you on your kiddos, but I didn't want to without pics. Well, here is your update without pics. :-) They did awesome! We had a great time at the museum and Dallin loved having 2 buddies sleep over. Henry did much better the second night. Stake conference was an interesting endeavor, but all in all it went well. I am glad you are having an amazing time. I miss you though. My run today was lonely.

Anonymous said...

Reading your list of recent activities makes me so jealous! I love Hawaii! The Polynesian Cultural center is one of my favorite places on the planet.

Anonymous said...

this is me...wishing I was you...in hawaii.

Have such a good time!!!

Suzie Petunia said...

I'm still here in Hawaii - but now on the Big Island and not Oahu. We're staying with Zook's parents in their apartment in Hilo. 16th floor overlooking the ocean. The waves still rock me to sleep every night. My only complaint is the overcast skies. (Not good for my tan :) They're having record rainfall right now. Just figures, huh? Miss my kids, but having a great time!

Jewel said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. I would love to goto Hawaii. But I do not see it happening in the near future. Enjoy yourself.

Abby said...

You should feel like a celebrity with all the pics on your pa-in-law's blog. It must have been so fun for them to have family come all that way...ok, so you only really hopped skipped and jumped to get there, but still...they don't see too many visitors, right?

Star said...

So jealous that you are in Hawaii and I am not! I was on Oahu from dec 28-Jan 8! Go get snow cones from Aukus near North shore! So stinkin' good! PCC is so fun, we went two days in a row! Don't miss the swap meet at the stadium!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like food poisoning to make for an interesting wedding. My brother didn't even get to enjoy his own reception because he was in the honeymoon suite losing his lunch.My poor sister-in- law she didn't even cut the cake at the reception.