Tuesday, September 05, 2006

"This is the last time I'll ever..."

I've been hearing this phrase all day, every day for the last week or so! Waverly's 8th birthday is tomorrow. Happy Birthday, SweetPea!

"This is the last time I'll ever dress up like a chef (for no explanable reason) as a 7-year-old!!"
Waverly's first day of 3rd grade

"This is the last time I will ever sleep in Mom's bed as a 7-year-old!!"
Waverly's first day of 3rd grade

"This is the last time I will ever be in a play as a 7-year-old!!"
Waverly summer 06

"This is the last time I will ever wrestle with my brothers as a 7-year-old!!"
Waverly summer 06

"This is the last sand castle I will ever make as a 7-year-old!!"
Waverly summer 06

"This is the last time I will ever get a haircut as a 7-year-old!!"
Waverly summer 06

"This is the last time I will ever wear my Sunday dress as a 7-year-old!!"
Waverly summer 06

"This is the last time I will ever eat breakfast as a 7-year-old!!"
Waverly's first day of 3rd grade

"This is the last time I will ever have a first day of school as a 7-year-old!!"
Waverly's first day of 3rd grade
(Isn't she darling? Thanks to her personal shoppers in Utah!... Mo, Carrie Ann, Amy...)

"This is the last time I will ever walk to the bus stop as a 7-year-old!!"
Waverly's first day of 3rd grade
Did I mention today was her first day of school? A big 3rd-grader! She was excited and happy - she loves school! She is most excited about the fact that her new teacher keeps a big jar of Jolley Ranchers on her desk.

Well, it is a big week for this little girl. Today was her first day of school, tomorrow is her birthday, and on Thursday she is going to see Wicked with me! (A matinee... she gets to skip school!) Her ticket is one of her birthday gifts... shhhh... she won't know until tomorrow night!

So, Happy Birthday, Wavy Gravy! 8 is gonna be a great year - especially if it is anything like this last one!
Waverly's first day of 3rd grade

9 comments:

Abby said...

I am so excited to see the big 8 year-old! It's been way too long, and those pictures are too cute! And just think...the last time I spoke to her was the last time I would ever speak to her as a 7 year-old, and I didn't even know it! (sniff, sniff)

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hey Suzie and family,

I miss all of you! But I am especially sad to miss W's birthday! This was such a cute post and I love all the pics. W looks darling on her first day of school too. Third grade, wow! Happy Birthday,W!

Kelly(M&M) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mo said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE 8 YEAR OLD!!! I'm glad that I got to be with you one last time as a 7 year old and soon I get to come for my first visit with you as an 8 year old!!! Have a wonderful day!

PS: I forgot that Monday was a holiday and so your present didn't get mailed until Tuesday....it should be there on Thursday...I'm soooo sorry! Have a happy day!

Laura said...

8 is GREAT!! (Plus it never hurts that you get the Holy Ghost backing you up officially, now!)

I also tagged you on my blog...

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Happy birthday darling! It breaks my heart each time my children have a birthday!

I wish I could keep them young for longer! I love these years!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe that you have an 8-year-old. How can you possibly be old enough to have an 8-year-old?!!! Time sure flies. . .

Anonymous said...

OH, how did you like "Wicked"? I LOVED it. Reilly loves the soundtrack too. He will belt out the songs at the top of his lungs. It's funny.

Amy Lynn said...

I adore this girl. I have adored her since the moment I laid eyes on her. Every moment I spend with her makes me adore her even more than the moment I adored her before. I have never laughed so hard, been so entertained, or had as much fun as I did when she was here visiting. My last visit from Waverly the 7 year old. But wow...I'm super excited to know Waverly the 8 year old!