
On Saturday we made our 4th annual trek out to our favorite pumpkin patch. We took some of our favorite people. Aren't they silly? For some reason we felt the need to take a picture while pretending to NOT have fun. I love that my kids all have a well-developed sense of humor.
Did I mention it was gorgeous?
Clear blue skies and sweater-less temperatures are not the norm here in Oregon at the end of October. Our adventure began with a paddle-boat ride out to the pumpkin patch. As the boat progressed across the lake various hydrolic monsters popped out of the water to try to scare us. My kids are finally all old enough that the the sharks and dragons didn't even make them flinch. (Or maybe we've been here a few too many times.)Once we reached the patch, everyone fanned out to find their "perfect pumpkin". Oscar wouldn't slow down enough to let me take his picture - you should have seen me chasing him through the field with my camera!

Along the way Henry found a pretty bug... that bit him.

Eventually everyone found what they were looking for and sat still long enough for me to capture the moment.

Thank you, Gramma Leanne for the orange shirts! The kids loved creating their very own wearable jack-o-lanterns!

A train carried us (and our pumpkins) back to where we started our fall adventure. Unfortunately the kids all broke the rule of only picking pumpkins they could carry themselves. Nate, Nicole and I heaved about 100 pounds of pumpkin to the car while the kids leisurely munched on their popcorn. Sorry - I couldn't carry their humango pumpkins and take pictures at the same time.

I've had an insatiable craving for caramel apples for the last few weeks. We went back to the Green's home and made a lovely bunch of apples dripping in gooey goodness... and nuts. Yum!

Thank you Nicole and family for a perfectly perfect Fun-Filled Fall Day!
13 comments:
Oh, it all looks so fun! Now you have me craving caramel apples....thanks. Taking a boatride to get to the pumpkin patch--how fun is that?
Aw...wish I had been there.
Great t-shirts! I really want one of those carmel apples.
fun fun fun. i really wish we lived closer, don't you?
What the name of your Pumpkin Patch? We moved to the Portland area this past summer and I would love to take my daughter. It sounds like too much fun.
Tifferbob
Caramel apples are a fave! Have I told you lately how truly beautiful your children are? I'm so glad that we didn't end up with any goofy lookin nieces or nephews...yet...lets not disappoint everyone Suzie...make this one as good as the first 3.
Tifferbob-
It is called Lakeview Farms and it is located in North Plains (out west off of 26). A bit of a drive, but worth it!
I am so jealous! We went to the pumpkin patch (a small area of the Target parking lot that was filled with hay, bouncy houses, and ponies for Halloween) just to take pictures...I bought our pumpkins today at Albertsons. Two for 10 dollars!
Ok so make me wish I lived in Oregon next to neat people like you. That looks so neat and so fun
Will you adopt me?
I love it!! We are off to "our" pumpkin patch this weekend. I LOVE the shirts. that is a great idea.
Great, now I am craving caramel apples..... hmmmm
What a fun family!
To me, the best part of a pumpkin is the part you use to make Pumpkin Pie!
Can't wait for Thanksgiving.
In the meantime, HAPPY HALLOWEEN to all the Giles'.
Those apples look delicious.
Post a Comment