Thursday, November 02, 2006

Get out the VOTE!

Ok, so this may not be the most important vote you will cast this month (you HAVE registered to vote, haven't you??) But this one is a lot more fun... at least for me! I have an ultrasound tomorrow. Will it be a boy or a girl, people? Here is your last chance to prove your ESP skills. I'm 18 weeks pregnant now, and I'm hoping they will be able to tell me whether this baby is a boy or a girl. So, what do you think? Is Waverly destined to be Queen Bee over her brothers forever and ever and call her youngest sibling "Bucket Head" for his entire life? (She won't tell me what boy names she likes. She always says that if its a boy she'll call him Bucket Head.) Or will we be able to get more wear out of those boxes and boxes... and boxes... and boxes... of girls' clothes in the garage? Let your voice be heard: boy or girl?

My vote: BOY... Because I've never guessed the gender of any of my children correctly. And I guess its no secret I'm hoping to even out the ranks around here. Besides, girls are so much more fun to dress! (And they tend to potty train more quickly...) Can I request red hair for her while I'm thinking wishfully?

All contestants who guess correctly will receive a special prize. No guarantees on monetary value: it might be just something... special. Like, maybe you can be the first person to babysit baby X when he/she comes. Happy voting!

10 comments:

Emma Jo said...

I say GIRL...unless its a boy, then I say BOY. I'l still babysit.
(I hope my guess doesn't mean that it's an IT...good luck with that.)
I'll be expecting a new post THIS VERY AFTERNOON!

mo said...

I think it's a girl...definately, it'a a girl...yeah, no really, I think.....

Anonymous said...

Girl!

Sarah said...

A girl...bookends are always nice. Unless this will be your middle child...in that case, a boy for sure!

Suzie Petunia said...

... only 2 hours to cast your vote! ...

I shouldn't have mentioned my preference. You're all just trying to make me happy, aren't you? But, as Zook reminded me today, "It's not like the gender will be decided today. It is ALREADY a boy or a girl." So, I guess wearing my pink sweater today for luck won't make a difference. I'm in so much trouble if this is a boy! I've opened my big mouth too much!

Kelly(M&M) said...

You are way too cute, Suzie! I am voting for boy, so that when I find out I am having a girl, we can switch. :-)

Have fun today!

Jangs said...

I voted on the other site. But I still say boy

Anonymous said...

I hope I'm not too late to vote. I vote for a girl also!

Tifferbob

Sarah said...

Is it too late?

I have to say girl. It's what I'm hoping for at my ultrasound this month as well.

But then I'm secretly hoping that they can't tell and I have something to look forward to on delivery day besides "PUSH!!!"

Can't wait to find out!! If you have two girls do I get two prizes?

Emily said...

Suzie, just the other day I was wondering if it's okay to say retroactive prayers. Like, "please bless that the funeral went well today for so-and-so." Do you think that prayer can be answered? I mean, even though the funeral already happened, don't you think God could have added my future display of faith to the funeral for when it did happen? The same probably goes for the lucky sweater and the baby's gender-which-has-already-been-determined. I think.