A fabulous contribution has just been made to the blogosphere: her name is LYS and you can find her HERE. Emily and I have been trying to convince her (and others... ahem... Amy) to join us for some time, and finally the blessed day has arrived! Lys, Emily, Amy (and others who are also welcome to join anytime) are old-school friends from back in the day... the day of dorm-living, cafeteria-eating, projectizing, indian-feathering, studying, and rotter dating.
I feel a special connection with these brave, smart women who helped define who I am during that crucial and impressionable period of my life.

(Here we are... 12 years ago!)
We went through a lot together in a few short years in college, but I am especially happy to say our relationships have continued through the years and they have continued to strengthen me each in their individual way.

(2006 reunion)
I love them so much... I'm getting all emotional just thinking about them!
So, welcome LYS! I can't wait to continue to get to know you better as you "redefine" your life as a mom.
P.S. Lys, this is something I thought you might like... A PROJECT!
9 comments:
Welcome!
Suz. You're hilarious.
I am somehow missing from a large percentage of the "girls" photos from the dorms. I must have been out with Trajan the Trojan that night. Ah, hmm.
Q: Whose blond hair is that in the middle of the circle? Is it Kristen's? It looks so strange.
You are far too kind. I hope now that I don't disappoint!
p.s. I have lots to learn from you and Emily. . like how to put photos where you want them (not just at the top of the posting). It will be a long time before I am truly worthy of the hype you've given me!
xoxo
Thanks again, I feel so honored to have a friend like you!
ok so I will try to get this whole blog thing up and running in the next day or two. My problem is that I have a severe phobia of doing anything technologically advanced. Also do you have any ideas on what I could call my blog?
Amy,
Did you have any nicknames as a kid?
Or, how about:
Amy June Bug
Awkwafacation
Aye Aye Matey
Gyrating Firemonkey
Frantically Frugal
The Frugal Firemonkey
Awkward Amy (no offense... just a pleasant alliteration)
Frugalization
Sorry, Amy. I'm really hitting a dead end here... I'm sure you have more relevant words to describe yourself these days!
I'm laughing at The Frugal Firemonkey. I love you, Amy!
Ahem...guess you had to be there. Actually, I can relate, as your great experience paved the way for my own fabulous, unforgettable, and very Zion-like experience in good ole David John Hall. Cheers!
Post a Comment