Tuesday, December 05, 2006
A Good, Normal Day...
... except for the fact that my first-born told me for the first time (I think?) that she hates me. "WHY did I have to be born?! WHY do I have to have brothers?!" This was all because she had to sit in the back seat instead of her "throne" (captain chair) in the minivan. I had to try so hard to keep a straight face. And then she was grounded for 3 hours in her room. It wasn't the "I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!" that put her there... well, not exactly. The "I hate you's" were followed by reasons why we should get rid of her brothers. She suggested we sell them to the gypsies. (Do they still come around?) She hit and kicked both of her brothers and THEN she got sent to her room for 3 hours. She got a lot of homework done, so it turned out to be a win-win situation for everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh yes, some days are like that. Carrie always wanted to be an only child. I don't think she feels that way now, though. There were times I would have sold my sister to a company of Ishmeelites from Gilead on camels. Thank heavens I never ran into any. I like her a lot now.
Emily was scared I was going to kill her in a psychotic fit, and Carrie told Mo I needed counseling...and that was all BEFORE puberty!
Oh man. That is a rough day.
We are having hard Jacob days in my house. I am the one saying "WHY do we have brothers?"
THIS is why I am only having boys!
Thanks for letting me know what I have to look forward to. I'm excited now!! I had a friend tell me once that her mother always said, "You know your a good parent if your childern tell you they hate you at some point of their growing up." Sounds like you are doing a great job!
Sounds like a pretty normal day in our household. Hang in there!
I think the poor girl has a point. You really dethroned the little princess from her honored seat in your car? For shame!!
*Laughing*
I am so glad, it was a win win.
You did good Mom.
Post a Comment