
As he neared the bottom of the pile he became wise to the ways of packaging:
Pink box = not interesting to a 3-year-old boy.
With one rip of the paper he could tell unwrapping the entire thing wouldn't be worth his time.

What a smart boy, if not terribly naughty.
I used to try to find the gifts hidden in my parent's closet when I was little. I completely ruined one Christmas for myself - not ONE surprise on Christmas morning! I learned my lesson that year and haven't been tempted to peek ever since. How about you? Are you a peeker?
P.S. Still no sign of the missing Christmas box (50 gallon size, people!) Still looking... thanks for the suggestions.
9 comments:
Haha! What a smart boy!
I'm not a peeker, but I like to know if there is something hidden for me, if that makes sense. One year we found the cabbage patch dolls hidden in the garage months before Christmas (one of the years they were the HOT item). My mom was so upset she said they took them back and they weren't under the tree come Christmas morning. Devastating! But when we were done with all the other gifts, they sent us on a scavenger hunt and we found the dolls in the garage rafters. So exciting!
I too ruined one Christmas for myself and oddly they too happened to be cabage patch dolls. It was a pretty crappy feeling, so I never peek anymore. One year I found the cell phone box, almost in plain sight, and when I confessed to Hubby he LIED and said it was the old box to his. Liar! It worked though. I'm easy. He hates surprises and has zero control if he knows where to look. I don't think he goes hunting though. Did you really want to know in such detail, or were ya just makin' chit chat?
Crap--that was Abby, not Mo. I'm on her computer!
Abby, I am glad you cleared that up because I was really confused about Mo peeking on cabbage patch kids. :-) Anyway, I think it is too smart that Oscar figured out just which ones were worth his time. :-) What a cute boy. I will miss you guys. Thanks for the sparkly, cute jewelry. I am amazed at how well you know me. Have a great Christmas, I will miss you.
Well, this really is Mo. I can't believe you both ruined your Christmases by peeking...I'm shocked...nah, not really, because I did it one year when I was young, too. I'm like you, Suzie, it was so anticlimatic that year that I never had a desire to peek again. Give me surprises and excitement! There isn't enough of that in the world. Should I hide all the gifts before Oscar arrives? Be safe... sorry I woke you this morning!!!!
At least he didn't find his presents.
I am a wannabe peaker because I hate suspense, but I also hate a spoiled surprise so I resist.
When I was little I was scared to find my gifts. I thought that if my parents knew that I had seen then, I wouldn't get anything! I still don't peek now that I am older...I know Rob has bags for me in the car, I have opened the trunk and seen them (accidentally) and I didn't even open them up!! Pat, pat.
Oh, the inevitability of it all! We did Christmas this morning with Penny and I didn't dare wrap a single one of them until last night at 9pm after I was SURE she was asleep. They were wrapped for a whole 12 hours before she got into them this morning.
Now on to 2nd Christmas at the in-laws' in Utah!
Oh goodness!
Post a Comment