Saturday, February 03, 2007

How are we all connected?

I haven't done this in a while, I promise. I've been skipping around reading different blogs for a few hours. Yes, I said HOURS. (It's ok. The kids are in bed and Zook is asleep in front of the tv right next to me.) I met someone new - a stay at home mom who sounds a lot like me. I read just about every word she has written (on her blog). I caught up with someone I haven't visited in a while. I realized she is good friends with people I keep stumbling upon in the blogosphere...

Can someone please explain to me just how big the internet is? I mean, are we all blogging around in the same circles and not really realizing it? How many of us actually KNOW each other (outside of blogging?) So I'm going to list a few bloggers I've come across and know either very well, so-so, or just vaguely. Tell me how YOU know them. It's a six degrees thing, ya know? I'm so curious.

bethgo
lisa m.
melissa
smee
yolanda
sarah
lisa v. clark


Do you know any of these people? How well? In real life? Through blogs only?

P.S. I'm feeling much better today. And O. is totally sober. I think. You never can tell with a 3-year-old.

17 comments:

Lori said...

Hiya Suzie! Another stay at home mom here with two boys, who enjoys reading Bethgo's blog. I found *you* through her site! :)

I'm amazed at the people I've met through blogging who I enjoy reading immensly. It makes me feel much more connected in my everyday running around. There are lots of other moms out there who feel just like I do. Blogging has been a great source of sanity in my chaotic world.

Well, anyhoo...nice to "meet" ya! I cant' wait to read more about you!

Laura said...

First...you comment on my blog...Then...I am PART OF a post on YOUR blog?!! Life is SWEET!!

Melissa, Lisa and Smee---All my "new best friends," even though our only contact has been in the blogosphere! But, I know I can count on them for support, love, and validation that I'm not going crazy!! They are AWESOME, and I love their honesty in their posts, in sharing the seasons of their lives.

Maybe this will be good for "blog business..." if others realize you visit my site?!! (Hee hee!!)

Lisa M. said...

Oh Yo. I have so much more clout than the Suz.

*smirk*

Actually, Suz was my first commentor, other than Mo Boy, who set me up. She will always be my mentor.

Okay, I know Melissa. I set her up. She is in my ward and is my in life bestest friend. She is blunt, honest, and hard on herself, and easy on me, and we have been friends from the Get Go.

Smee I have met, and fell in love, instantly. She is one of those, ya always feel comfy with type people.

Um, I am Lisa M. But then, you might know that. I mostly do know myself, but every once and a while I do something so stupid, I just sit and wonder. WHO IS THAT PERSON!

*laughing*

Yo- is my cyber friend, and she rocks. A lot. Fresh, fun, but she isn't nearly as open as I am, but I actually find that appealing and it keeps me wondering... *grin*

Now Miss Flake, is one of my favorite reads, and I feel like we are good friends, but she is a blogosphere girl, and I am her best junkie. I still laugh at the bus story, if you have not read it, it is hilarious. Good Writing!

So.. Now, Miss Suz, you know.... "The rest of the story"....

Erin said...

Well. Funny I should stumble across your blog today (via ignorethecrazy). I was just pondering that same question and commenting to my husband about this whole great network of blog mommies. It's great. On to your questions.
I've read Lisa's blog a couple of times and I think she is related to my friend CJane, who I used to work with a few years back.
Strangly enough, I've also met Sarah (whose blog I also love) at a law firm dinner last summer. Small world.
I'm sure I could probably find connections to the other's as well...but I'm feelin' a bit lazy tonight.
Glad to stumble across ya!

Amy Lynn said...

Well...I know YOU because you are my dear, dear sister.

I know Lisa M. through the world of blogging and feel like she is somehow an adopted member of the family even though I don't get time to read and comment on her blog as much as I would like to because I think she is AMAZING.

I served as a counselor to "Yolanda The Great" in a YW's presidency about 6 years ago and was in her ward and now see her in our delicious book group and hope to see her lots, lots, lots more when she moves into my backyard this September!

I don't know the others and I would love to but I find time slipping way, way far away and don't blog never what I used to. Someday...

Mel said...

The only one I've met in real life is Lisa M. She is my inspiration for blogging. Our boys have attended preschool together. I think the world of Lisa.

I've stumbled across the other blogs at one time or another but haven't had the privilege of meeting anybody else.

Emily said...

I stalk the Clarks--Lisa, Chris, CJane, Nienie, and sometimes Eddy/Vance. I have applied to be adopted into their funny and cool family. Still waiting to hear.

Sarah said...

This is crazy - I had no idea that citymama and I had met before - I found her through a comment on my blog a few months ago but her blog doesn't say her name or have a picture. Email me, woman! I've met a lot of people at law firm dinners, but I'm sure I'd remember you if you sent a name and picture!

Funny funny. And as far as I know, there rest of you I've never met. I think Lisa M. found me first through the Mormon blog listings and I miraculously made her blogroll. Then much to my delight everyone just started showing up! All of my family who reads my blog thinks you guys are my best girl friends and can't believe it when I confess we've never even met. That goes for 90% of the people who comment at my place.

Anyone else want to out themselves as my next door neighbors? Suzie, please tell me you're that awesome chick at Jamba Juice who always gives me a free upgrade to the 20 oz. cup...

Suzie Petunia said...

I'm not, but ya know I would.

wendysue said...

Hey Suzie. . .I grew up with LVC, we've known each other since we were 2 years old, went to "the Y" together too. She's the one that got me into blogging "I owe it all to her. . ." I haven't stumbled across the others yet, but it's amazing how my "favorites" bar keeps growing and growing!!

L said...

Hey Suzie thanks for saying such nice things about me.
I don't know ANY other bloggers in real life. Not a one. :(
AND I don't know any of the other bloggers on you list as cyberpals but I am enjoying reading their blogs.
I guess I'm the unknown blogger.
Still, it's really nice to meet you all.

Lisa M said...

I am so not related to anyone named CJane, at least that I know of. Oh there are too many Lisa's out there.

I have offically and many times applied to be part of the O family but my requests have been blatantly ignored.

Anytime I need an ego boost, I'll jet right over here, even if half the Lisa's arn't really me.

*Deep breath*

well, I feel better now.

Oh tell me Ethan did NOT just wake up with puke all over him.

*sigh* So much for living in Princess blogville. Back to the real world.

wendysue said...

It's LVC (Oh Judy) that's related to CJane (sis-in-laws)

S'mee said...

Hey! I posted yesterday and it didn't show up...

As far as I go the only one I have met in 'real life' is Lisa m. everyone else I would enjoy meeting too! ANyone out there in bloggy land live in socal and want to get together???

Bek said...

I only know the others though reading their blogs (but I haven't read Yolanda...I need to go do that...).

I was roommates at the BY w/ Lisa V Clark (Oh Judy) and that is how I started blogging..that might be how you found her (via me). She is wonderful...and many of my commenters are face friends of hers (who have become new friends of mine..). :-)

Lisa M. said...

Does anyone want to know how long it took me to figure out what socal was?

I am soooooooooo lame.

I have lived here in leave it to beaver land, for *WAY* too long.

Janell said...

Let's see.

I came over to your blog from Sarah Flake's because you made an interesting comment.

I can't quite remember why I started reading Sarah's blog. I think it was because she posted an interesting comment on Feminist Mormon Housewives. Whatever the case, one only has to read one of her posts to become hooked on her blog. I know Sarah only as well as she reveals herself in her blog.

I ended up at FMH because a blogger called NoSurfGirl linked over to a humorous FMH post one day.

I read NoSurfGirl because Margaret (a friend) listed NoSurf as a favorite. (It turns out I know NoSurfGirl in real life from a single's ward, but it took me awhile to realize that.)

I read Margaret because one day she announced, "I have a blog," so I started reading it.

So there you go.