Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Just write something already! Ok. Don't mind if I do.

Who just said that?

Am I hearing voices? Last night I had a dream that Zook had put me in a mental hospital. I loved it! It was like a vacation and no one took anything I did seriously because I was CRAZY! Hey, I think there's something TO that. Crazy people are much smarter than the "rest of us" (as if we're not all a little crazy somehow). I wonder where the closest institution is? And what, exactly, are the criteria for being admitted? And is it terribly expensive? More expensive than a real vacation? And do they have AC because it is 103 degrees today.

There is an old mental institution a few miles from my home. I've run passed it a few times. It is on a narrow, winding, sparsely used road. It is abandoned now and looks very creepy - all overgrown and falling apart. I would love to go poke around and explore it. Maybe set up a cot and take a little vaca from the little ones.

The heat must be getting to me...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't get me started! When I heard that Paris Hilton could read in prison, I thought...what is she complaining about. The thought of 23 hours a day without being bothered and all of the books I could read, as well as a candy cart that came by every Monday... When I said all of this outloud, my husband warned me that I had better not be thinking of anything.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Don't you remember all my stories? I'm sure you could come up with something to be locked away but you usually have to be a danger to yourself or others to have that nice court order on you. But I bet you can voluntarily go. Insurance may be tricky though. I used to think my mother was weird for falling asleep at the dentist. NOw I totally get it. I love going, it's so relaxing even if they're drilling cause I"m numb. Crazy.
Yup, we sure are. Have fun though.

Anonymous said...

No it isn’t the heat it is reality. Boy wouldn’t it be nice to just a 24 hour vacation for kids, house, life! I understand that one. I have heard that it gets better, but I am not so sure about that. Maybe for a while before they turn into teenagers! I remember being one and thinking that my life would end if I didn’t get my projects done, if a boy didn’t like me, if I didn’t look good, if I didn’t have some cool friends. I lived thought it and still don’t have the answers and my 11 year old wants them! The things my parents told me didn’t help at the time; I would like to be more helpful to J. I just hope I can!

My mom has always said “Insanity in inherited parents get it from the children!” I am sure that it is true! Is any of this helpful for you?!

Lucky Mommy said...

Do you mean my home isn't an insane asylum? It seems like everyone here is a little crazy. Babies whining and moody - you don't think they could have already picked that up from me do you?

Instead of being admitted, you could come visit me - no candy cart, but there is a 1/2 lb bag of peanut m&m's in the cabinet I've managed to hang onto for over a week and a stack of books I was supposed to read in college but never did! That should keep you busy. Dickens, anyone?

Suzie Petunia said...

Dickens you say? How very tempting... I will take the M&Ms though!

Emma Jo said...

I've considered that route as well...it would be like a small vacation where I didn't have to worry about kids or husband, I could shuffle around in my PJs, watch TV, talk out loud about random things (note: many of these things I do anyway) and they would possibly medicate me from time to time...sounds good to me, except for the mental anguish part.

mo said...

I suspect that if you want to be there they don't want you there.