Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gratitude

Thank you all for your kind words. I especially loved hearing from those of you I didn't know were lurking in my corner of cyberspace. Now that I know you're hanging around, is there anything you've always wanted to ask but didn't because you didn't want to end your lurking streak? Now is the time to ask. I am in a mood to divulge anything. Well, just about anything. I won't tell you my worst sin. I only tell that to people who run 26.2 miles with me. I also won't tell what the square root of 683 is. Because I just don't know.

For instance. No, azucar, I am not eating potato chips, nor should any self-respecting american eat fake, fried potatoes on this, our national day of mashed potatoes and gravy. Shame on you. Did everyone else enjoy their holiday? I sure did. The food was good and the company was also bien. It was an ideal Thanksgiving day. It started with a 10K Fun Run, then a came a long, luxurious bath, Suzie's annual making-of-the-holiday rolls (ingredients: butter, flour, eggs, sugar and more butter), dinner with funny family members, card games, a leisurely stroll to earn our pie, pie, more pie, chit-chat and, um... what am I forgetting? Oh, yes. More pie. It was good. I am thankful for pie. With whipped cream on top.

So, any questions? Today is the biggest shopping day of the year, but the best deal you'll find anywhere - including on the internet - is right here! My answers to any and all of your burning questions are FREE today! No "buy-one-get-one-free". Not "50% off". Just plain free. You just can't beat that kind of a deal. What are you waiting for?

10 comments:

Carina said...

You'd have to know me a little better to understand what a statement I made. I don't eat potato chips. Me eating potato chips is a twice yearly event. But they were, however, real potato chips, not a national brand, and they were pretty good.

Don't you worry, I still ate mashed today. I also ate homemade white bread rolls. It was quite the day for indulgences.

Anonymous said...

my indulgence was plentiful including a triple layer chocolate pumpkin cheesecake. Yum yum yum. I wish I only indulged this way once a year and I wish I ran to make up for it when I do. :)

Lucky Mommy said...

I thought about you yesterday and Wednesday night when I made the rolls. Glad you had a happy Thanksgiving and even had time to run a 10k! You are a model of organization and motivation! My parents are here and say hello to you. I showed them your blog and they think your kids are beautiful. Love you.

Peter Giles said...

speaking of shopping, Leanne got up at 4:30 AM to get in line at Wal Mart in Hilo. The line went out the front of Walmart three large city blocks. computers for 50 dollars, HDTV's for 50$ to $250. but the biggest sellers were banana chairs. She brought back three videos, hairspray, pay it forward, and the producers--$3.00 ea. We are now heading out (6AM) for the morning run. This is an amazing blog!

Peter Giles said...

my question is are you secretly writing a book about your ups and downs? or, do you harbor this desire? or, let me ask, if you do harbor the desire to write a book, what would it be about?

Rynell said...

Did we make the same rolls? (Very buttery crescent rolls that must begin the night before??) Oh yes, lots o' butter.

Glad you had a happy day of Thanksgiving. Sounds delightful.

Anonymous said...

"People choose not to comment because they are intimidated by your brilliance."

Unknown said...

It's too early. I can't think of a question. I may have to return at a later date. will you still be in the mood to answer questions then or is there a time limit?

Emily said...

where did you come up with the name suziepetunia?

foxontherun said...

I'm so glad you could share your worst sins with me. We should continue on the next 26.2.