Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Home Stretch

One more day. One more post. I am two sentences closer to my goal of posting every day this month. Make that three. No, four. Ha! Five! six, seven, eight... losing my brain here. A little entertainment for you:

Zook: What are we having for dinner tonight?

Suzie: Frozen pizza.

4-year-old Oscar: NO!!! I don't want frozen pizza! I want cooked pizza!


The kids don't have school tomorrow. I don't even know what the district's excuse is this time. A post-Thanksgiving break? Or a pre-Christmas vacation? Is it Hanukkah yet? Festivus?

What should I do with my kids all day? Quick. I need your answers pronto. Keep in mind that it is rainy and chilly where we are. They'll be awake in about 8 hours, so type quickly. Many thanks.

6 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

Christmas shopping at the Dollar store? I dunno. The weather ruins my plans all the time. May you have as good of a day as you did on Veteran's Day.

Rynell said...

Make an advent calendar? Or...(my personal favorite) have a clever contest to see who can clean the most & the fastest. You brave the mall to to see Santa..that's bound to be an unforgettable circus.

I often wonder why we have so many days off from school too. It's no wonder it feels like summer vacation is puny, it really is once they've spread all these non-holidays throughout the normal school year.

calibosmom said...

How funny, I am suggesting the $$$ store as well. Went there the other day and bought dumb little crafts for family night and the kids loved them. I love the dollar store!

ped crossing said...

It is a grading day. It is the end of the trimester. We poor teachers need a day to grade the papers, contemplate on each child in about 30 different ways and then label them.

So bake cookies and take them to your child's school, they will need the sustenance.

My grading day is Monday. The boys and I might get the snowmen out of the closet today, but you already did that. Have them make handprint wreaths. Then you can put one in each window.

Sarah said...

I'm always up for some good playdough action. I put a good recipe on my page. You could make some Christmas tree ornaments out of it and decorate them for your tree? It's raining here too. I just invited some of Pixie's friends over and they seem happy enough just running around and being girls.

Suzie Petunia said...

Hollywood - I can't believe you brought up THAT subject again. Damn tree.