After reading a friend's blog post, I've decided to base my posts on gratitude and Thanksgiving. I have plenty to be thankful for. Its about time I wrote about some of it and stopped being a negative Nelly and the grandest whiner of the century. OK, I may still whine a bit, because -hey that's what blogs are for, right? Going an entire month without whining on my blog? Let's be realistic. Baby-steps, people. But I'll be better.
Where to start? Hmmmm... I have so much to be thankful for. But there is a major stand-out blessing that stands head and shoulders above the rest.

He is not a "jack of all trades and master of none". He pretty much masters any trade he tries.
He is good deep down. I told him he was a "good guy" after we first started dating and he didn't think this was a compliment.
He thought it was a good way to start telling a guy that you're bre
aking up with him. But I've pointed out over and over during the last 11 years how "good" he is. I knew I was right.He is always warm and willing to share his "human heater" talent with me.
He brought me flowers yesterday when he returned home from a business trip.

He suffers from chronic optimism.

He is a good, fun dad.

He works hard to bring home the bacon.
He wakes up to feed or change the baby without being asked.

He can entertain the masses at a moment's notice.

He ran a marathon just because.
He can organize the kids to get something done.
Damn! He is handsome! Love that red hair!
He is teaching his boys how to be men.
He is funny and can be quite silly.
He helps me "hold it together".
He does whatever it takes to get the job done right.
He loves me more than anything. And he tells me all the
time.
12 comments:
What sweet pictures. You have a beautiful family.
what a nice tribute to the DH. i just hope he reads it.
Now, ----->THIS<----- is the kind of blog post I like to read.
I've started boycotting certain blogs because it infuriates me to to see them essentially poo on all their many, many blessings. It's about perspective. How blessed are we to have our faith, family, and more love than we deserve in our lives. Why squander it away with negative rants that only serve to suck us into that pit of despair and self-pity?
Viva La Optimism!!!!!
We are pretty lucky to have chosen well. Glad I could inspire.
Good luck in your quest of daily blogging. :)
You should be very thankfull. You have great kids and a good man. Your a lucky woman. :)
I'm hooked now on what you are going to write next.... I need to start blogging.
Ohh...I love the Henry, Alice clip. I played this at work. Great entertainment.
Have a Super Day!!
I love reading about things people are grateful for. It makes me happy when you are happy. It makes a crazy world seem more calm and at peace to know you are grateful and recognize the worth of what you have.
How sweet was that? How special...
Wow, I thought I was the one in marketing! I am so blessed with a fantastic family and a smart, funny, and beautiful wife.
Can't wait to read your post a day. Can Taylor come and do some magic for me everyday too?
Oh lovely pictures. He sounds perfect.
Good luck on NaBloPoMo!
Oops, I didn't post on this yesterday. I can't get behind on your blog reading already, or I am in trouble!
You are very blessed to have such a sweet, loving hubby. You and Taylor are so cute together. He treats you very well. It is great that you recognize how lucky you are. (And he does too!)
Thanks for letting me be a daily part of your life. Aren't you guys sick of me yet? :-)
We love that Taylor. A good guy, through and through.
Post a Comment