Monday, December 03, 2007

Strike Three


AND

YOU

ARE

OUT!


30 comments:

ped crossing said...

Ahhhh. Poor tree. Poor Suzie.

It is like groundhog day for the holiday season. Maybe now you will wake up!

Kelly(M&M) said...

So dang funny! I am sorry I can laugh so easily at your plight. It has given me the entertainment and distraction I need right now. I wouldn't have believed you if Jeff didn't witness it. :-) Thanks for everything today, you are the best!

Carina said...

HAhahahahaha.

I remember, with complete clarity, the year our Christmas tree fell over three times in one day. We were a little low on the dough in those days, so our tree stand was a big bucket with gravel, sand, and water inside.

Ask me how happy my mom was when the tree tipped over. THREE TIMES. I mostly remember her maybe uttering things under her breath as she wet-vac'd the living room and being really, really, angry.

AmyJune said...

I laugh, but only because it isn't me.

erinmalia said...

oh man, this is (sadly) hysterical. how are your kids taking the tree-less-ness of it all?!

Anonymous said...

dont give up on the tree!!! That is so funny!!

Rynell said...

Goodbye poor evergreen!

I am sorry to see you go, but you did this to yourself with your teasing, teetering ways.

Rynell said...

P.S. Hello fake tree????

Lisa M. said...

*Laughing*

Oh my. My, my, my-

STRIKE three- indeed

Mary said...

Hahahahaha!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

We had to read 'A House Without A Christmas Tree' for our homeschool book club this week. Looks like the movement is catching on!

Team Hanni said...

This is so funny. My good friend was trying to talk me into cutting a tree down this year. No thanks.... Too funny.

Vilma Bergstrom said...

go get that fake tree!

Jamie said...

Ha! You are too funny! It reminds me of a classic quote from Michael Scott "Fool me once, strike one...fool me twice, strike three." I guess it was strike three for the tree!

mo said...

How would you like a nice, pretty, stable artificial tree for Christmas? One that puts itself up and decorates itself, too? And then it puts itself away after it's all over. Yeah....me too.

Abby said...

So what now?

Lucky Mommy said...

Laughing out loud. Just what I need with a 12 month old who threw up in my hair last night. Maybe vomit will prove to be a good conditioner . . . Hello fake tree!!!

S'mee said...

Even fake trees love gravity. I would suggest stabilizing wire on the top and mid sections. Get your self some "o" or "eye" screws, screw them securely into a beam nearest the tree. Use a flexible, yet strong wire and bind the trunk to the hook. Repeat at least twice for stabilization at two different heights. With your trunk in a good base and tied twice up top you should be good. We have had to do this for YEARS because I get a tad nuts with the decoration.

I completely understand your frustration, and I hope things go better for you soon.

Suzie Petunia said...

I'm really enjoying the free space in the corner. It is the perfect place for baby Alice to play and crawl around while I work in the kitchen. Merry Christmas, baby Alice!

I still don't know what I'm going to do. The kids haven't really noticed. Isn't that funny? That makes it easy to not do anything about the situation. I'm going to enjoy my tree-free home for a few days before we decide anything. I'm traumatized.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i'm laughing WITH you, not AT you. that is the best story, especially with its photo journalism. i say get yourself a charlie browner, and call it good. ho ho ho, right?

Chelle said...

Suzie, you deserve my deepest thanks for the entertainment this tree plight has provided. Oh, how much I have giggled throughout this ordeal. Bless you. : )

Anonymous said...

I disagree with all the counsel toward a fake tree on the grounds it would be boring and routine, which clearly does not fit in here. This tree deserves to be memorialized and pampered in return for the entertainment he/she has provided. Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy Lynn said...

Are you telling me that there was a tree disaster and now there is no Christmas tree at the Giles home? What happened? I'm really dying to know. No tree at all? Ever?

We have 2 fake trees and an evergreen candle. Need me to send you one??

dalene said...

I'm so sorry. I know exactly what you mean. But tell me this. Was it the tree falling down or kids pulling it down? Because I've been down both roads and I'm just dying to know.

Suzie Petunia said...

Not the kids' fault. Just gravity's.

dalene said...

Whew!

Super Happy Girl said...

Uh...your tree fainted.

Geo said...

Is that tree attacking a car seat in photo #1?

Suzie Petunia said...

geo - You would be correct on that one. Luckily the babe was asleep upstairs.