Wow! I am so impressed and thankful for the messages you shared with me and Waverly. Things have been greatly improved over the last week or so. She loved being with her cousins while we visited in Utah last week. She seemed to enjoy being the oldest cousin and really made an effort to play nicely and be a good example. Toward the end of our trip it dawned on Taylor and I that maybe we had missed the mark regarding what the main problem has been between Waverly and her brothers. Could it be that she feels left out of her 2 younger brothers fun? We started to realize that maybe she was a little jealous of the fun Henry and Oscar have together. We've encouraged the boys to include her more, which they are usually happy to do. Mo encouraged Waverly to be kind to them during the entire car ride home from Utah yesterday. She even promised a pretty prize (some "bling-bling", as Waverly calls it) if there were no issues. The only problems we had on the way home was poor Alice who hated being in her car seat for 12 hours straight. Poor baby. But Waverly and the boys did great! And today was fabulous! I've never seen them wrestle and play so nicely together. I hope we really have turned a corner and that we're headed in a new, better direction as a family. School begins on Tuesday, so we're in for a lot of changes this week.
I had a lot of really amazing experiences this last week. We stayed at my parents' home in Bountiful, UT for just over a week. Some highlights include hiking to the Timponogos caves, riding the Park City Alpine Slide, dinner with my BYU friends, running in the early morning around the Bountiful temple as the sun came over the mountains, sitting in the shade of a tree in my parents' back yard all afternoon chatting with my sister, holding precious new nieces, touring This is the Place Heritage Park, spending a delightful evening at Emily and Steve's home, visiting my father in law at The Leonardo, bonding with Carrie and her chickens in her back yard, visiting with cousins at our family reunion until 4 in the morning (!), spending lots of time with my parents, taking family pictures, sleeping in the most comfortable guest room in the universe, drinking more root beer and orange cream soda than water, eating chocolate cake for lunch and dinner, shopping for school clothes with the girls, reading my grandma's personal history, and just loving being with family every single minute! It is late, and I just have to get to bed, but I hope I have time soon to come back and post the fun pictures from the trip. There were so many memorable moments!
One of the big things that came from our trip was realizing that there was something I could do for one of my most favorite people on the planet. It is BIG. And it it very IMPORTANT. And it will bring tremendous joy to everyone involved. AND YOU CAN HELP! Stay tuned... some important changes are soon to be made to my blog, and I am excited!
5 comments:
There is a big black hole and rainy cold weather left in the wake of your leaving. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! I wish we could be together all the time. It was precious to be able to spend time with Waverly, Henry, Oscar, & Alice. Your children are sweet and wonderful, and I delight in getting to know them as they get older. You are a dear, dear sister and I miss you. Can we just buy some property somewhere and create an Oscarson compound where all the cousins play all day and the aunts and uncles sit on the porch at night and sing songs and talk? That would be Heaven on earth.
I'm sorry I didn't have any advice for Waverly but I am glad you feel you've figured out what was part of the problem and that it's been better lately. Good luck with back to school and I can't wait to see your pictures from the reunion. We really wish we could have been there but I don't know if I could have lasted until 4am with you! Wow!
I'm sorry I didn't have any advice for Waverly but I am glad you feel you've figured out what was part of the problem and that it's been better lately. Good luck with back to school and I can't wait to see your pictures from the reunion. We really wish we could have been there but I don't know if I could have lasted until 4am with you! Wow!
I would much rather be having fun with you guys than packing my entire house up for moving! It was such a wonderful, fun, and meaningful week. I'm glad Waverly is doing better. Tell her the bling will be on the way as soon as I get moved! Whoopee!
oooh the suspense is killing me. I love change. Well most the time. You know, now that you mention the Waverly feeling excluded things I can see that happening in our family too. David and Sam will do that to Jack but I don't know if they mean to. Now that Jack is going to school with David they are bonding in a different way and sometimes Sam is left out. There are a few occasions when they all play nicely together but when they fight I think perhaps there's a little more competition going on then I thought. YOu're so smart!
Post a Comment