Saturday, January 03, 2009

"We like to move it move it"

We've moved! Well, the family and 90% of our belongings have moved to our new abode 1/3 mile from the house we've been living in for the last 5 years. I am writing my very last post from the location I've been writing from since I started my blog in December of 2004. *sniff* I am kneeling at my computer desk - not out of piety, but because my chair has already made the move. My computer, desk and many (many!) sundry office items are about to be unplugged, picked up and moved out the door. Moving is such sweet sorrow. Or something like that.

Our wonderful ward (church) family helped us move the big, heavy stuff on New Years Eve day. We had a blessed break in the rain and slushy-ness that day, which promptly resumed the following day in bucket loads to make up for the day it missed. I prayed very earnestly that we would not get rained on while moving the big stuff. Prayer works.

Our new place is cozy. It does feel like "home" because we are all there together. We've been especially cozy and close because the wall to divide the parental units from their offspring has not been completed. But yesterday Taylor decided enough was enough. Three trips to The Home Depot and 11 hours later, he had framed the wall, installed the door (with lock!) and put up the dry wall on one side. Is there anything this man cannot do?! Seriously. Even after 12+ years of marriage he continues to amaze and impress me. There are, of course, many pictures documenting the construction which I know you are dying to see, but they are not on my computer yet. You'll know when me computer has been installed in our new digs when you see the pictures appear here:

(Insert pictures here.)

See you when I see you!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Can't wait to see pix of your new place and all of Taylor's handiwork. In a down economy those skills may come in handy. Happy New Year and Happy New Home!!

Kelly(M&M) said...

It was so fun to see your place tonight! (and watching you rock out!) And, I am truly amazed at all both of you have done. It is a great place. I actually got a little sad when I read that it was the same place you had written your blog from the whole time. We have had our computer in 3 different rooms, so I am not quite as attached. :-) Count me in on helping this week!

Mary Monster Mary said...

He is amazing. I'm always impressed with all the stuff you guys do together. You're a great team. Can't wait to see the great divide. :)

mo said...

I'm so glad you have walls! So sorry we weren't there to help but we anxioiusly await the pics. I'm glad we could see it so we can place you all in context when we look at the pics. Glad the move is over and you are in the final stages....I really hate moving and that is all I have done in my life!

angela michelle said...

welcome to your new home!

Abby said...

I can only imagine the coziness! Can't wait to see pics. Love to you all.

Amy Lynn said...

I can't WAIT to see pictures of your new bedroom. Better yet, I can't wait to come visit...although we promise to get a hotel room...unless the room under the stairs opens up! I'm so happy you are moved and cozy. We just painted a few rooms upstairs and I couldn't handle it...I am WAY impressed by you and Taylor's amazing skills. How did I miss those genes??

Emma Jo said...

Yeah, that's big news!! I can't wait to see pictures. There is nothing like a little family "togetherness" to motivate oneself to get something done.

afro said...

suzie-hey... I'm glad you've done the move

i know the "work" continues

but/and...you're right...there's nothing that the man Tay cannot do--mostly cause he doesn't give up looking for a solution until it fits his (and his family's) needs.

(well, this feedback is --of course, from his totally biased younger sis-af)

-just mostly and forever glad--you've moved the tough stuff over to the new venue--continuation adventure-land for your fam.

and we're still thinking of you and hoping all goes...well...in a forward direction sort of way at least; cause really--planning only takes you so far

good luck suzie-i KNOW you can do it; and....HANG IN THERE...for those moments when you doubt that you actually CAN do it...it'll pass...just...maintain the calm.

and celebrate that SCHOOL is back in session!!!!Ta-Da!!!! :-)

-af