Post #592 finds me sitting in the airport in Seattle. I am on my way to visit my sister, Emily in Connecticut. I am about to board my red-eye to DC, and then the last leg will take me to Hartford where my jet-lagged sister will be waiting! (She just got home from Spain today.) We plan on spending our first few hours together having a nap.
This is a Sarah-only trip. No kids. It it always very weird to suddenly be totally alone like this. It is kind of eery. Don't get me wrong... I like it. But I have to admit was heart was hurting more than a little bit as I said goodbye to them on the curb. Alice had just woken up from a car nap and was fully aware that mom was going away for a while. The tears were flowing. Poor Taylor.
And Taylor... I feel sorry for everybody in the world who is not Taylor's favorite person. (That is all of you.) How did I get to be the luckiest person on the planet and get him for my husband and best friend? He's calling right now... hold on.
He put together a goodie bag of my favorite things that he gave me on the way to the airport: Mint M&M's, a new novel, cookies, TickTacks, a love note, a flash drive loaded with several episodes of "Alias" (yes, I know I'm late to that game).
I LOVE him. Oooogly, goooogly, schmooochy-poooochy, ooey-goooey LOVE.
Thank you for arranging this for me!
11 comments:
Taylor might be my very favorite husband of all my friends. I love that he is so good to you. And my husband likes him so very much. And he makes me laugh. Yay for Taylor. I wish we lived closer.
You're going to have a great trip with Alias! Oh, and of course your sister too. Live it up!
OH, have a fabulous trip! I'm so jealous...wonderful sister time! What a fabulous husband! I love "mommy" alone time. And tell Em to get that blog going about her trip to Spain...I'm dying for details.
What?! Are you seriously telling me I'm not Taylor's favorite person? Oh my gosh, I am so shocked. What a huge letdown! The whole time I've known you guys I was sure I was at the top of his list; but then again, I've never gotten a goodie-bag, so I guess that proves it.
Have a great trip, friend! Remember your last trip without kids made you want another baby; now after this trip, you'll get it!
Correction: our last trip without kids made us GET another baby (very much "wanted" ... of course!) No chance of that happening this time.
Yep! Your a very luckie lady! I agree Taylor is like the perfect husband. I always tell Hailey to take a look at Taylor. That's the kinda guy I want her to marry.....Have a fun time! I hope you post pictures. :)
I LOVE Alias.
I went to Oregon in August alone and it was a blast! I have never gone alone without the girls and without TD since the girls have been here, so that's over 10 years. It was great.
Wow. You have a fabulous husband AND a trip to see your sister by yourself! Very blessed indeed. :)
Taylor is an awesome husband. Period.
Hooray for perfect mates! I'm so excited that you get to make this trip before little Joe comes to stay! Have lots of fun and good times and think of me!
Yes indeed, I think Taylor should take turns changing up his favorites so we can all benefit...can I request his pineapple salsa over chicken for when I get to be his favorite.
Now let's play sister!
Post a Comment