That is the sound of our money being flushed down the toilet.
At this very moment in time my sweet, wonderful, thoughtful, SMART husband (who is a grown man) is playing a game on his computer called "Plants Versus Zombies".
The basic premise is that you throw vegetables at zombies to keep them from approaching. Uuuuuhhh.... yah. Mind you, he already BEAT the game once, and yet he is playing it again. And where did he learn about this game? From his sons, ages 7 and 9, who also can't stop playing it. We bought Oscar a $50 Wii game for his birthday last week (which, for the record, I was opposed to buying) and THIS is what all of the humans with the Y chromosome are doing with their free time in our house (except for Joe because he is innocent and pure and untouched by such silliness). I haven't even seen Oscar play that stupid Wii game once. Grrr. I'm going to hide it for a few days and see if he notices that it is gone, and then I'm going to return it to the store. For less than we purchased it. Because that is how utterly asinine computer games are.
Plants. Zombies. Do you get it? I don't get it.

16 comments:
Love the "who is a grown man" part.
I love that he was taught how to play by his 7 and 9 year olds. Welcome to the 21st century!
HB created a paper computer for me this weekend (complete with a scrap of paper for a mouse) and then proceeded to draw, erase, redraw scenes on the "screen"--all from Plants vs. Zombies. This has been a bit of a family obsession on and off for a year or so now. What's not to like about it? Michael Jackson Zombie battling a sunflower? Does it get any better than this?
I really can't stop laughing. No I don't get it. Not at all.
Okay, I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't get this! My whole family, including Bryce, excluding me, are in LOVE with this game!! When I hear adults talking about it, I love to say, "Can you hear yourself and the words you are saying?" It just sounds crazy talk!! I just wish I had invented it. :-)
You want pathetic?? I'm kinda excited about sharing this info with my own house-o-boys, in hopes it will wean them from something they play called "Nazi Zombies".. which has tob e worse than PLANTS and zombies-- right??
I'll take plants over nazis anyday.
So thanks for the tip.
I'm sure they'll be hooked in no time.
Is there something else we are supposed to be doing?
Mike, don't tell me YOU are playing it, too!?
Did I mention that Carrie has this game on her iphone...she's pretty good, too.
Oh Sarah...this is so ONE YEAR ago at our house. Did you see the blog I wrote last June about my nephew's Plants vs. Zombies birthday party??? It is an obsession...not one that I have but certainly all the children in the house. And HB is a force to be reckoned with.
I really have nothing to say that won't make me look bad, like I like to play Mario Brothers until my eyeballs glaze over. Dangit, I didn't mean to say that.
PS Maybe you should introduce Taylor to a new obsession called Angry Birds. On occasion I have woken just after falling asleep in bed to see Clark playing it on his phone in the dark.
ha ha you are funny. Boys are sill, indeed. Such simple creatures, really.
We women are silly for our complexities on the other hand. Case in point: I am doing that thing where I am tired but don't want to go to bed because then I will have to wake up and face another day where they're all awake and need me! Right now everything is so quiet...oh so quiet. But really I'm going to hate life in a few hours. Silly.
Honestly, Suzie P, I am not playing this game. My current obsession is rock climbing. All my spare time and money are going that way. I read books, magazine, gear catalogs, anything rock climbing related that I can get my hands on, and I make my family hit the rocks at least twice a week. But still....I am obsessed!
Yeah I don't get the whole zombie thing either. I was in the bookstore once and they actually had a whole section dedicated to zombie literature. There was a book that was a retelling of Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice except with zombies somehow thrown into the story. Now someone explain that one to me. Yep, definitely don't get it.
Oh, Megan. You need to read Pride and Prejudice Zombies. It is one of Wendy's favorites. Very funny.
Post a Comment