Saturday, September 04, 2010

SOLD!

And just like THAT, those two goats were sold! I was much relieved to find out that the Craigslist buyer was not only from our little town, but he will be using them to clear the blackberries from his property just a few miles away from us. As little as I was attached to the goats, I was happy to hear they weren't "dead meat", so to speak. My conscience has been cleared. From what I hear it was quite a sight to see Taylor wrassle those two sheep into the buyer's truck. Taylor said it took them about an hour! I wish I had been home to witness, and to possibly help out. It sounds like they could have used a hand. Or at least a photographer to capture the hilarity for this post.

So I'm wondering if Curry the lamb is lonely out there in the pen tonight. Does he miss his goat friends? The repair man came out and fixed our fridge and freezer. Sorry, Curry. Being lonely shouldn't be your biggest concern right now.

Do you understand why I can't handle having pets and/or livestock, people? For Pete's sake, I used to think my dolls were really alive and had feelings. I can't handle feeling sorry for real, live things! (Except for my kids, I guess?) Speaking of which (feeling sorry for animals)... Have you seen that HBO film about Temple Grandin? She is the remarkable woman who despite the struggles of living with autism has become the foremost expert on humane animal handling. She has also done a few interviews on NPR. She is so fascinating, and after hearing her speak on NPR it sounds like the movie is very true-to-life. Check it out.

The good news is...

The high chair has been ordered!
(See previous post)

P.S. And I'm sure you will also be very relieved to hear that the cold pile of laundry has been folded and put away, thanks to Taylor and the family folding party he organized. Thanks, Taylor! He always saves the day, especially when it comes to saving me from myself.

6 comments:

Emily said...

We have a family folding party every Monday for Fhe while we talk. Highly recommend.

Lynnette said...

I had heard about the Temple Grandin movie but because we don't have HBO, figured I'd never see it. As it turned out, while we were in Hawaii we came across it and couldn't pull ourselves away from the TV. We were all dressed and ready for our day of fun in the sun, but instead we were glued to the tube for 3 hours. It was an amazing movie - it touched me on so many levels. Oh..... and glad to hear your goats will live to see many-a-day!

Ranell said...

Those goats were my Mother's Day present shortly after we moved in. I put Brian in charge of getting rid of them now that we're abandoning the farm life. I'm happy they were able to bring you the high chair you wanted. I guess, in some small way, your high chair is now my Mother's Day present from two years ago. I was not attached to the goats either, but still glad to see them able to happily eat blackberries instead of being eaten happily.

Amy Lynn said...

All is good in the world tonight...unless you are a lamb. Do we need a spider that can spin words into her web? I'll see if I can find you one on the internet...or Craigslist.

Oscarson Photography said...

Congrats on the sale and the purchase! I think I heard a NPR interview with that woman; she's the one who thinks in images like a cow and she helps design cattle chutes and stuff, right? Interesting. Anyway, I'm excited to see your excitement about this chair. Pictures please!

mo said...

I just love happy endings, well, for everyone except Curry, the lamb. Maybe, just maybe, she already has an inkling of her fate every time you call her by name. I heard an NPR segment on that lady before we left Utah. Fascinating stuff. Hope the film makes it this far north!