I guess "Waverly" is the theme for my blog this week! Today was her first day of 7th grade. And here is her first piece of homework. She was asked to write about herself:
I am a creative 7th grader with a desire to create. I love to come up with new ideas and then create them. I love seeing the endless possibilities a single roll of duct tape possess. A table full of fabric scraps and scissors is all it takes for me to be happy! My family consists of 1 brother,(joe) 2 male trolls(henry and oscar) one crazy haired, free spirited sister,(alice) and my crafty parents. Life is fun (at times. Only if I am in a good mood.)
I love to read. A book is like a door where you can never expect what will be behind it, or in this case, on the next page. I'm not sure why but I tend to be drawn to the more depressing books, and the suspenseful type. To me it's beautiful how the plot takes it's twists and turns and even how I, myself start to love the characters, and grow attached to them. I also love to write stories, especially ones about reality with a minor twist. I think both reading and writing are good skills to have in order to meet the demanding needs of 7th grade.
7 comments:
Is it tacky to use the term,
"Holy crap"?
That is one amazing little
7th grader.
I love that she didn't just write, "I like Claires at the mall."
Wow! The girl can write. Very very impressively, I might add. Can I be her guest when she receives the Nobel prize for literature? I know where it is held.
"to meet the demanding needs..." I love it. I love that she said she has one brother and two hairy trolls, and I love how she described Alice. Oh, how I love Waverly! If I were her teacher I would be super excited after reading that. Well done, you crafty parent, you! She's so fun!
Trust me, Katy. She loves Claire's and everything glittery just as much (maybe more) as she likes to read. She just didn't mention that. :)
Ah...wow. I'm printing out her little essay and putting in a frame down in my workroom. Is that tacky? Do I need the author's permission? I have always, always loved looking at the world through Waverly's big, brown, chocolate eyes. I didn't know she was such a genius at expressing herself...genius. Make that a table for 2 at the Nobel Prize award please!
Oh how I wish Haley had this cousin near her. They are kindred spirits--Waverly could feed Haley's soul with all that good stuff she possesses. I love her.
I must say that I too am impressed. I've no doubt she is your daughter. :)
Last time I saw you guys she was struggling with homework assignments. Perhaps that's where we are now with Jack. He simply will not bring them home. I fear he may fail 4th grade at this point but fortunately there is much of the year left to work on this.
Post a Comment