OK. Halloween is not my very favorite holiday. I know, I'm such a party pooper. And I am secretly glad it falls on a Sunday this year so we can skip some of it. (I know, right?! What a party pooper I am!!) We took the kids to the tri-ward trunk or treat tonight. Good times. In the rain.
Waverly made her own costume out of duct tape. "Super Duct Tape Girl"
Henry was Harry Potter (again). Saved me time and money! wooohoo!
Oscar was Mario (again). Easy-peasy!
Always with the "thumbs up" for the camera... Here she is with her cute new next-door-neighbor, Bryce. What an adorable chicken!
Joe was outfitted by his big sister and was officially "Super Duct Tape Girl's Side Kick". He had a red cape and a duct tape logo on his chest. Not that anyone could see any of that under his thick rain coat.
These pictures were taken on Friday when the shops in Old Town were giving out candy to early trick-or-treaters. It was perfect weather then!
Tonight I dressed as a clown with a head cold. A real cold. And I had a real fever by the time we got home from our soggy night-before-Halloween misadventures.
I'm pooped. And this party is over.
I hope those of you that get really into this holiday have a great time. I mean that sincerely. I love the candy part. Does that count? Can we still be friends?
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
(Somehow it doesn't seem right to list this week's Book of Mormon reading schedule right after saying "Happy Halloween", but this world is just a crazy place. Go with the flow.) :)
Oct 31--Mosiah 18-21
Nov 1--Mosiah 22-26
Nov 2--Mosiah 27-29
Nov 3--Alma 1-4
Nov 4--Alma 5-7
Nov 5--Alma 8-10
Nov 6--Alma 11-13
6 comments:
I don't miss having to come up with Halloween costumes every year. That said, your kids are very cute. I love Alice's hair and she DOES make a very cute Minnie. Waverly has outdone herself with two duct tape creations. I am impressed. Hope you feel better soon!
Duct Tape Girl is awesome, and her little sidekick. Oh Halloween. I totally have a love/hate relationship with it. Love Alice's thumbs up.
Halloween is so sad when you can't even enjoy your kids' Kit Kat. Sorry you're not feeling well but the kids did look adorable! We are glad the kids got to dress up but hate all of the scary stuff so we're glad it's over too.
I love Halloween. Really love it. I love a holiday that doesn't require anything of me other than getting to dress up and eat candy. I don't have to buy gifts, wrap things, send cards...I just have to dig around in my kid's candy buckets after they go to bed. What's not to love?
Darling, darling kids. I can't believe how much Alice looks like Henry in that picture. And Waverly with baby...very, very sweet. Next year I'm going to see if Waverly can make my whole family costumes out of duct tape. THAT would be a Halloween to remember.
1. I love your Halloweeners. Adorable.
2. Sorry you are sick.
3. I give you points for learning so much about a cell and making such a beautiful one (see last post).
4. Helicopters, unfortunately, don't phase me bc at least once a night we have police helicopters searching the area. And it's open window season. Loud.
Glad yours are just there for Christmas trees!
5. You are funny.
I am also not really into Halloween. I'm tired and I only sewed one costume this year. Whew.
Post a Comment