Saturday, January 08, 2011


When every last crumb of cake has successfully landed on the floor...

...it is time for the birthday boy to get into the bath in his birthday suit.  Wash, rinse, and repeat.  Unless you like the extra silky-smooth feeling a little chocolate buttercream "lotion" leaves on his soft skin.

Posted by Picasa
Enjoy your pink and clean one-year-old!  He won't be a baby forever.

This next year better not fly past as fast as the first one did!

9 comments:

mo said...

There were so many comments places I didn't know which one to use! I think I would have had a hard time not eating that delicious chocolate baby! What a great birthday for a darling boy! How do you stand all that cuteness in one person! Unfortunately, his gift is still sitting here on my desk. It has been a frightfully busy week. We are never out the temple when the post office is open. We love him--please tell him!

Suzie Petunia said...

Sorry about all the breaks in the post. Blogger is being a little mean to me right now and won't let me post pictures, so I go through Picasa to post them and it only lets me post 4 at a time. And obviously I had WAAAAY more than 4 pictures to share. I thought about narrowing it down, and it was simply impossible.

Jen -n- Jase & kids said...

OH how I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVVVVE all the adorable pictures you posted!!! I can't believe it's been a whole year already. Time flies when you only get to catch up thru cyberspace. He looks SO much like the other kids!!! WOW, no mistaking who he belongs to huh?
I especially like that you are bathing him in a storage tub. lol. Was said tub VERY near by the messy high chair so as not to provide that choclaty sensation to too many portions of the house?

Happy birthday little man....you are TOO too cute (and mine are old enough I get to tell you that safely ;o).

Paul said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOE!
I'm sorry we missed the party...I love chocolate cake, too, Joe. Thank you for all the pictures. We can't wait to meet this adorable boy in person. He's lucky to be part of such a great family...surrounded by love and a mom who goes the extra mile (I've never seen a bigger cupcake!)

AmyJune said...

wow everything about this post was awesome, from the larger than life cupcake to the extremely messy baby. LOVE IT. thanks for a late night smile Sarah.

Ranell said...

Love it! Love the boy, love the cupcake, love the mess (I didn't have to clean it up, of course!), love the family, love it all!

Great post! What a fun birthday!

Jamie said...

I can't believe Joe is already one! He looks so cute with his giant cupcake - and so much like Henry! Happy, Happy Birthday!!

Abby said...

Ok, you must publish that one as a little book and save it for Joe forever. So cute. It reminded me of a funnier "if you give a mouse a cookie."
Loved it.

Amy Lynn said...

Now I'm just completely salivating. He is SO cute! I hope he will still cuddle with me and give me those charming smiles! Happy, happy birthday sweet Joe! We love you!