Saturday, January 08, 2011

1st Birthday Fun


Also entitled:
How to throw a birthday party for a baby.

First, pull the sleeping baby from his bed before he is really done napping so everyone else can celebrate his birthday at their convenience.

Look! He's even happy (eventually)!


Buy a boatload of toys from Goodwill for a fraction of what you would pay for them if they were new.  Spend the rest of the money on sanitizing wipes to clean them. Let the siblings pretend they picked them out just for the birthday boy.


Decorate the cakes with many different colorful and attractive choking hazards. 

Tell the birthday boy that it is alright to eat with your hands and a make a huge mess.
Just _ this _ once.
He'll totally understand.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emma Jo said...

You are funny and I love you and all your choking hazards and the cleansing wipes. That's my kind of birthday.
Look at that handsome boy, seriously so so handsome.

amydear said...

The cupcake cake is adorable. You are very brave to do chocolate! Joe is such a cute baby and I love his new haircut.

Amy Lynn said...

I CANNOT believe it has been a year since I came out to Portland to play with my newborn nephew. He is so cute I could eat HIM...and the cupcake cake. I have a very healthy appetite for cute babies and cupcakes!