I am sitting in my almost-clean kitchen just a few moments before we finish packing up the minivan and head out. What a week it has been! What an amazing 8 years it has been! I will miss this place more than I can say. I just realized today that this is where I started this blog, and it feels like I've been blogging forever. But the blog will continue with a great big new chapter... The NEXT adventure!
I have to give a HUGE shout-out to Kelly, my next-door neighbor, friend, running buddy, therapist, personal consultant, and sister. You would not believe the amount of time and energy she has spent this last week working by my side to help me pack and clean. She has watched my kids for countless hours (as have others... Thank you Trina, Liza, Alicia, Reen, and I'm sure I am forgetting more!) She has been up until 1 AM with me for the last few nights helping me sort my clothes, make me get rid of things I don't really need, and to make me smile through the least fun chore known to man: moving a household. She has personally photo-documented the entire experience because I have apparently lost my camera in the mess. (Anyone seen it??) I can't wait to see the pictures, Kelly! Right now she with my kids at a Hot Air Balloon festival. She is one of the most amazing people I know. She is hands-down THE most thoughtful, kind, helpful friend one could ever have. She is completely unselfish and gives, gives, gives. She has taught me so much about how to be a friend. Someday I hope I will be as good a friend and person as she is.
Taylor is hurrying me along. It is starting to get dark and we've got to get on the road. Next time you hear from me, it will be from sunny Southern California!
I love you, Sherwood. I will miss you.
9 comments:
Take care! Good luck on your new adventures! You will be missed!
We'll miss you, Sarah!
I just got really emotional reading that post. Good bye Sherwood! Thank you for providing such a fabulous place for my sister and her family to live! And good bye Kelly...thank you for being the sister next door that all of the other sisters wish we could have been (although none of us could have done the amazing job you have!) We will look for you in sunny CA! (Hope you packed the sunscreen on top!)
Sherwood will not be the same without you. As I am getting ready for church, I am sad again as I think about not seeing you and your cute family there. And reading this post made me cry all over again. You are a blessing in my life and I am so grateful that I have a loving Father in Heaven who made it possible for us to live next door to each other for these last 8 months. How fun to spend this last time together before you go off on your next adventure. I can't wait to read all about it on your blog and get the phone calls. This last week has been hard, yet I have been amazed watching you do all that you did without complaining. I was glad to be by your side and have some last fun with your kids!! This is getting too long and I have so much more to say, but I gotta go to church! Thanks for your kind words and thanks for being there for me for the last 6 years. Words cannot express how much you mean to me! Your photo documentation will come tonight! I love you and I will miss you, but get on with that adventure! Find out what Heavenly Father has in store for you and your family. And to Sarah's family- I have loved getting to know all of you through Sarah (and even a little in person) and I hope you don't mind that I will be at your family reunions from now on! Love you Sarah!!
Kelly, you just may have more right to be at our reunions than anyone else! You have truly been the sister/mother/friend that none of us could be for Sarah because we were too far away! Thank you for being such a good person and friend. We will expect you at our reunions and welcome you with open arms! Sarah, it makes me sad to think of you not being in that wonderful town...but at the same time, it is always exciting to start anew in a fresh place with endless possibilities ahead. Can't wait to hear about the journey!
Bless good friends. Here's to the future!!!
Good luck with everything!! I can't wait to hear all about your new adventures. I know it will be great.
I too have a neighbor/friend whom I love and count on like a sister. It is such a precious blessing, and I'm so glad that you've had such a fun experience.
No doubt that Kelly is amazing. I'm glad I moved out so Kelly could move in. She was a better friend/neighbor than I was, and I'm okay with that. We all have something to aspire to, just knowing her!
Sarah, I hope your drive went smoothly and when you read this you're sitting in your new (temporary) home in SoCal enjoying A/C and the sun streaming in the windows! I've said it before and I'll say it again, Austin is lucky to get you! You will be missed.
And, a tiny little plug for myself, I gave Kelly the passes to the Hot Air Balloon fest and suggested she take your kids, so I did a little something good this week, too! I had quite a busy week myself, and couldn't do as much as I would have liked, but I tried to make you smile at the farewell BBQ with my little prank! And now you have 3 new friends in Seattle who will miss you, too.
The balloon festival was so much fun. Thanks Ranell for providing that memory for us and giving the suggestion! The 3 of us have been connected to this 5 acres and it has been a great experience. I am glad I was able to share it with both of you!
Post a Comment