Sorry, They Might Be Giants...you got it wrong!
For a while there, everything felt wrong. Who knew all I needed was a tragedy, followed by an amazingly spiritual funeral to make everything right in my life? (I just wish my friend most closely affected by the tragedy could feel the same way right now.)
I am feeling thankful.
Thank you Mo and Dad. You know why.
Thank you, sweet sisters -0- mine for being the best friends I could ever have dreamed up. Who would have imagined we would be each other's best friends when we were at each other's throats as kids? Your homes and hearts are warm and beautiful! Thank you for letting me be a part of them.
Thank you, my dear "dorm" friends. I am so grateful time and distance is not weakening our ties, but making them stronger somehow.
Thank you, blogging friends, for reading my musings and validating my thoughts. Some would say having friends you've never before met is a sad and pathetic thing ... I say it's a blessing for a stay-at-home mom who doesn't get out as much as she would like.
Thank you ancestors, for making the brave choices you did, so I could have the life I enjoy now.
Thank you, sweet husband, who doesn't read my blog, but is the flesh-and-blood, daily, physical embodiment of love, affection, affirmation and devotion that every one on earth would envy.
Thank you, God... I don' t know what I did to deserve all of this ... But, I'm pretty sure what I'm grateful for today has more to do with everyone else's big hearts and selfless acts (especially His) and less to do with what I "deserve".
And as if this weren't all enough... I'm grateful they changed the name of my street back to "Cornerstone Lane". It just goes to show that other people are going to make just as many mistakes as I am... and in the end, that's ok. Eventually everything wrong will be right again!
4 comments:
What a happy post. Gratitude is a wonderful feeling, and it made me feel happy to know that you had fun with us even though it was SO short! You are welcome anytime, and so is your darling husband and your (much missed) children. I'll keep the light on and the door unlocked... you night owl.
Kaycee, I hope your friend and her mom are alright. Life throws such curve balls, don't you think? Keeps us all on our toes.
Carrie, My time with you and Amy were just what I needed right now. Thank you a million times over for being you!
Yes, reading this helped me, too. If you saw my latest post about the worst day of my life you'll understand why (shameless self-promotion, I know). Hopefully I can take a page from your book and be thankful for stuff.
I'm grateful to have you for a daughter.
Post a Comment