
I've been wanting to post this picture of Waverly forever. It doesn't even have anything to do with the funny conversation we had in the minivan the other day...
Waverly: Mom, tell me about when I was born.
Me: Well, it may be hard to believe, but 7 years ago Mom and Dad lived all by themselves in a little apartment. We worked, went to college, hung out with our friends and family, went to movies, shopped in stores, took vacations. The amazing part about all of this is that we never had to get a babysitter. We could go anywhere and do anything ANY time we wanted. We didn't have any carseats in our car. It was just Dad and me _all_the_time. We weren't in charge of taking care of anyone but ourselves. (I went on a little more in a rather selfish way as I continued to reminisce...until Waverly butted in...)
Waverly: So, you and Dad were, like....you know...rich!


Besides not actually getting to the point in the story where she was born...what I DIDN'T tell her in the car that day was that her bright life means more to me than all of the "rich" things she can think of: green candy included.
9 comments:
So, I think you should tell her that. That's better than a story about when you were born. I will be there in less than a week and can't wait to see my little lizard-tongued granddaughter. I will tell her what I remember about my very first grandchild being born and how much that meant to me!
awww...so cute.
I love kid stories...it's something to focus on when they're climbing on everything and bouncing off the walls....
Oh! My! Goodness!
She might not think green mouth will be so funny in a few years. Looks like good blackmail material to me. ha-ha Should be good for a bedroom clean up or the dishes.
OH MY GOODNESS...I love that Waverly girl so much! Did you tell her about how much her Aunt Amy adores her and used to come almost every day to see her and play with her and dress her up and stuff??! Looking at those pictures makes me miss her so much. I don't like living so far away...or do you live far away? How does that work?
YUMMY, I want some! How fun! She is beautiful!
Or you can tell her what a horrible state Aunt Carrie's life was in when she was born and that she was an absolute ray of sunshine in my life. I have Waverly to thank for saving me thousands in therapy! And who can beat her mature sense of humor and wittiness?
You need to do a follow-up picture, because it feels like, to me, that her teeth are still green.
Could you tell me what sort of candy she was using to get her tongue that green? I am looking for such a candy for a school project. Thanks!! Awesome!!!
Post a Comment