Thursday, July 21, 2005

Unpostable Post

Thanks to all of you who hung in there through the lengthy travel log. Since my blog has become my only semblance of a journal these days... "ya git what ya git, and ya don't throw a fit!"

How many times have you had a single thought, idea, phrase or even just a word come into your mind that you thought would be a terrific start for a blog post? (Raise your hands...one, two, ...ok all of you. I happen to know at least one of you carries around a pad of paper JUST for blog ideas that pop into her head. :) In an attempt to purge my list of unposted posts... Let's just get this over with. Seriously...these are all "cut and pasted" from unfinished drafts on my blogger account. A sad state of affairs, my friends. Very sad, indeed.



"My new favorite medium is magic marker.
magic marker magic
These three masterpieces are abstract representations of my children's favorite fictional characters (aka 'Teen Titans') L to R - 'Starfire', 'Cyborg', and 'Raven' "


"Every time I see a picture of a profile of myself, I am surprised that THAT is my nose!...every time."


"The cure for watching too much reality tv...Don't make the kids clean up the playroom (where said tv resides) for days and days...and days. You wouldn't want to go in there either. It's scary (thanks to Waverly and her Arts-n-Crafts Center)."
Waverly's mess...I mean, Art Center



"It is a beautiful thing when the worst thing that has happened to you in the last 4 days was that you ate a gourmet ($3.99) cupcake that was stale." (What followed was a comprehensive list of everything I ate while on vacation...I'll spare you. You can thank me later.)



"I never thought I'd have to say 'Take off your cape, and go get in the car!' or clean relish off a Costco hotdog with a wipie."



And it just seems all-too-fitting to end this bastard post with:

"I like to think that people who stumble upon my blog find it very interesting... they find it to be unlike other blogs... mine is compelling, entertaining and addictive! I know none of this is true. But, don't you wish it was? After all...you are reading it."

Ahhhh, purging of unfinished blogs complete. I feel so much better. Do you? ...Don't answer that.

15 comments:

Melissa said...

this post was great, and I LOVE the pics. you are talented!

JP said...

Good gravy we are like two peas in a pod! I have thought about doing something like this...and just didn't think I could pull it off...BUT YOU DID!!! I love it...

I also love that you refer to that post as the "bastard post"...that just makes me giggle.

JP said...

um...and yes, I have been known to scribble ideas, phrases, etc in my planner...scratch paper...etc for blogging purposes.

Zookeenee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suzie Petunia said...

JP - Clarification: the ENTIRE post was a bastard post...or a collage of posts without a complete understanding of who they were, why they are here and (most certainly) where they were going (nowhere).

uzuri.afi said...

wowwwwwwww...that was HOT. You make me want to color now. You ae truely talented.

mo said...

You know what scares me? I understood every one of your random comments--I knew where you were going and could fill in the blanks and finish the blog. What does that mean?

Suzie Petunia said...

It means you are my mother. :)

Amy Lynn said...

Ah, I agree with Mo. I read each "thought" and didn't think they were incomplete at all. What does THAT mean? And I have a little notebook with all my blog ideas, unfinished ideas, favorite quotes, etc. What is scary is that I don't get some of my incomplete thoughts. Hmm...

Lisa M. said...

but it IS.. so interesting.

*smirk*

(chuckling)

Abby said...

I love that you cleaned a hotdog with a wipey, and how many moms do you know that would make artistic representations of their children's favorite tv characters? I am amazed at all I have to learn.

Eliza said...

Can't tell you how much I loved the phrase "bastard post."

Also, I agree with the person who said that the unfinished posts didn't seem unfinished at all. I think I've learned a lesson from this--less is more. Brevity is the soul of wit. etc. etc. I think this is very true in blogging. And as you can see, I'm not very good at it; this comment is already like half a page long...

Alicia said...

My planner is filled with random blog-post ideas. Once I wrote in lipstick beacuse that's all I had.
Love the pics!! How cute are you!?!

Carrie Ann said...

See? Even your "Unpostable Posts" are fantastic. Does it feel good to be understood by so many people? It should. And why did Zookeenie delete his comment? I'm SO curious! And I want a picture! Can you do an abstract of Harry Potter for me? If not, I'll take the Cyborg-thingy one. The one with squares would be stunning in my family room upstairs!

Suzie Petunia said...

The reason zook deleted his post was because I posted under his profile by mistake.

I'll get right to work on the commisioned art work, Carrie Ann. I was just getting a bit antsy to go work with my beloved Crayola set anyway.