I didn't realize I had named my 3rd child after the Hollywood Academy Awards until he was about a month old and it was too late. My sister pointed it out to me. Am I allowed to regret such things?But about my little Oskie. Oscar. Let's begin with his many names. He has more nicknames than any 2-year-old I know:
Oskie
Ozzie
Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi! (It can be embarassing to shout that at the park)
Oscar-Bo-Boscar
Bubba
Bubba-Lou-Bub
Cute Toes
Curious George
Little Monkey
...I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.
He has dark chocolately brown eyes, brown hair, and his sister's olive complextion. He is tall, lean and has cute little muscles developed from "running very very super fast" and throwing anything he can get his little hands on. He does have really cute toes. I've always thought so. I don't know why. His eyebrows are very thick. Not a unibrow, but something to keep my eye on as he grows. :)

He insists on wearing his shoes and socks ALL DAY LONG - from the time he gets up until bed time. This really only becomes a problem when we visit someone's home who posts a "no shoes" sign. It's difficult to explain that kind of a tantrum.
The green striped shirt... oh that shirt! He calls it his "soccer shirt" because it has a tiny little soccer ball on the front. It's a hand-me-down from Henry and it was his favorite shirt, too. He would wear it every minute of every day if I let him. I feel like I'm constantly telling him: "I need to wash your soccer shirt. It's dirty, but I promise I'll wash it and you can wear it tomorrow." Thank goodness it is OshKosh brand - I've probably washed it a thousand times and it only has two little holes to show.
He won't eat the crust on his sandwiches. This drives me insane. You should just see him trying to eat a bagel. He prefers it "not cut" and "not warm" (toasted). He skins the poor thing leaving virtually nothing to consume.

He has a terrific sense of humor - loves to get laughs, or just to make himself laugh.

He wants to be either Superman or fly spaceships when he grows up. He also wants to be just like his big brother.

He has a very sad "pouty face" where he curls out his bottom lip and makes you want to hug him forever.
He loves to cuddle and has soft, smooth and squishy cheeks for kissing.

He likes to hear the same song every night before going to sleep: Marvelous Toy by Peter, Paul and Mary:
When I was just a wee little lad
Full of health and joy
My father homeward came one day
And gave to me a toy
A wonder to behold it was
With many colors bright
And when I first layed eyes on it
It became my heart's delight
It went ZIP when it moved
And BOP when it stopped
And WHHHIIIRRR when it stood still
I never knew just what it was
And I guess I never will...
We then skip the next few verses and sing the last one about the boy being all grown up and giving his own boy the toy his father gave him. He WILL NOT go to sleep until he hears this song, is tucked in tight and given a cup of water. (He finally gave up the binki a few months ago after he bit holes in all of them. He really liked his binkis!) He likes his routines.
We have a kids' toothpaste right now that has Spiderman on the bottle. Every night while I am brushing his teeth I ask him "Does it taste like Spiderman?" and he says "Yes!".
He is a persistant and determined little guy. He ran a mile last weekend. Can you believe that? I ran a 5K and the kids ran a 1-Mile fun run. You should have seen his arms pumping and his determined little face. Stopping was never an option for him. He just kept following his big brother and sister as dad ran along side him. I had no idea he was capable of running a mile... in 14 minutes! Not bad!

He loves superheroes and things that go very fast.
Oscar-isms:
"lots and lots and lots and lots"
"very super fast!"
"ummm...yes"
"ummm...no"
"nnnn...yes"
"To infinity and beyond!"

You know when he's not getting enough attention because he'll start throwing things at you: toys, books, spoons, wipies, whatever. He's doing it right now. So I'll stop blogging about how much I love him and go play with him.
I love you, Bubba-Lou!
10 comments:
what keeps you from just kissing that mug all day long?
I am so grateful for this blog because I am missing out on knowing this sweet happy kid! He is BEAUTIFUL, Suzie! I want to play with him and see him run very super fast!
sooooo CUUUUUUTE! I was giggling the whole time. I feel like I know him now, the little cutie!
What a sweetie...those eyes?! Why do boys get those lashes? I feel so silly being so jealous. ;)
I am so happy because I love my little nephew SO, SO, SO much but I feel a sad hole because I don't know Oscar the little "boy". He was a baby last time I saw him and snuggled. I can't tell you how well he would fit into life in our house. I have boys who wear capes all day long and want to be super heroes and are training to run a 1K and have beautiful, kissable cheeks. We need to get them altogether....
I agree with Amy--I don't know Oscar as a boy...just as a baby. We really do need to remedy that. Give his kissable cheeks a kiss from his Mo.
I love Oscar! He is such a fun boy. He needs to come play at my house, okay? By, the way, you are the best mom in the world. :-)
What a beautiful little man. He's just about my E's age. *smile*
I love light. You can see it in his eyes.
You can tell, this boy is loved.
Bill Lear builder of the Lear Jet has a daughter named Shanda. Shanda Lear as in chandelier.
He is a beautiful boy. I love hearing kid stories.
Post a Comment