2. I like sparkly things.
3. I don't like to be alone.
4. I love my Dyson vacuum.
5. I finally took down Christmas today.
6. I wanted to be popular in elementary school, but never was.
7. I used to be scared of sleeping next to a window (buglars, kidnappers, etc.) I'm happy to say I'm mostly over that. That Elizabeth Smart travesty a few years back rekindled that fear to a certain extent.
8. My favorite tv shows include The Office, Lost, Ugly Betty and Battlestar Gallactica.
9. I'm 28 weeks pregnant.
10. It's a girl.
11. She kicks A LOT.
12. Sometimes I need a good cry for no reason at all.
13. I like to take pictures.
14. I like having a few very close friends that I know I can count on for anything.
15. I love running and being in good shape.
16. I can't and I'm not right now.
17. I don't like cats.
18. Dogs are ok, as long as I don't have to take care of them.
19. I tend to be pretty honest, but I don't want to be known as "blunt" or "rude".
20. I named my daughter after a street.
21. I wish I could travel more.
22. I like to sleep. A lot.
23. I won a $50 savings bond in high school for poetry I wrote. It would have been $100, but I tied for first place with someone else.
24. I still haven't cashed in that bond.
25. I'm still in love with my husband.
26. I only listen to NPR.
27. Sometimes I imagine that the NPR hosts are my friends.
28. I dread the fundraising weeks on NPR every 4 months. It's like my friends are saying they will only be my friends if I give them money.
29. Red is my favorite color. Always has been.
30. Taylor is cleaning our bedroom right now. He's doing a bang-up job of it.
31. I have 7 or 8 bolts of fabric in my closet that I don't think I'll ever use.
32. It is supposed to snow tonight and I'm terrified I'll be stuck at home all day with the kids... again.
33. My kids watch too much tv.
34. I was a Relief Society president in my married student ward in Provo.
35. My current calling is compassionate service leader. I like it.
36. My first kiss was when I was 13. Matt Duffy. I hope he doesn't google his own name.
37. My dad called me Suzie Petunia when I was little. I asked him and he can't remember why.
38. My real name is Sarah Giles.
39. My maiden name was Oscarson.
40. Giles is pronounced "Jiles" - with a long "I" sound. Not "Gillus". Not "Guiles". Not "Heelays". (Yes, I've been called all of them.)
41. I got married when I was 20.
42. I was born the middle child of 7.
43. I was the first of the siblings in our family to marry.
44. I don't like extreme sports. I'm scared of dying for no good reason.
45. Generally I don't like to be in large crowds. Family gatherings are my one exception (usually).
46. After my second baby I started suffering from depression.
47. It took me a LONG time to figure out what was going on.
48. Medication works wonders. But I hope I won't need it forever.
49. I'm grateful for friends who understand and don't judge.
50. I couldn't give a crap if someone thinks depression is a "made up" illness. I used to also.
51. Now Taylor is VACUUMING our room! I'm so excited!
52. My sister, Carrie Ann introduced me to blogging in December 2004.
53. Once on the playground in 4th grade a couple of girls teased me by saying "Your pants are too short and your shoes are too big!" They were right of course, but it still hurt.
54. Instead of going to recess I helped in a first grade classroom all throughout 5th and 6th grades. It was much more rewarding than recess. And the 1st graders adored me.
55. I'm grateful to Mrs. Landers, the school counselor, who made that arrangement for me.
56. Some counselors are better than others.
57. For instance, Dr. Rose (pyschologist) in Provo sucks.
58. I think I'll work again once my kids are grown.
59. My degree is in art education, but I don't want to do that again.
60. I have a good 10 years or so to think about it.
61. Maybe I'll go back to school for a graduate degree.
62. I think I have a learning disability when it comes to math.
63. My fastest mile in high school was 5:49
64. I wanted to be a ballerina when I was in junior high.
65. I am scared of deep water.
66. I quit swim lessons the moment I saw the instructor wanted us to swim in the deep end of the pool. I was 8 or 9. I sat down and waited for my mom to pick me up. What a baby.
67. Taylor took me to see David Copperfield perform in Salt Lake City.
68. The only (rock) concerts I've ever been to were Whitney Houston, Live, and Billy Joel.
69. My house is green.
70. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to sugar.
71. I floss almost every day.
72. I didn't go to the dentist last year.
73. I sleep on a Tempurpedic mattress topped with a feather bed.
74. I still use the dressers from Ikea that my parents bought for me when I was 13.
75. I can't believe I have to think of 24 more things to write.
76. I hate McDonald's food.
77. I love Wendy's.
78. I once threw up in the parking lot of Red Lobster.
79. I'm trying not to have a crush on Jim Halpert.
80. I don't like scary movies.
81. I've never been on a cruise.
82. Someday I'd like to see a white beach with crystal blue waters in person - like the ones I've seen on calendars and in magazines.
83. I once dreamt I was in Sweden and I could speak swedish.
84. I remember my dreams almost every night.
85. I don't want to be famous.
86. I had braces when I was in high school.
87. I want to die with no regrets.
88. I just got a phone call telling me my sister in law is in labor!
89. I taught Oscar how to wink today.
90. I was 8 1/2 months pregnant when I graduated from college.
91. I had a desmoid tumor removed from my abdominal muscle 5 years ago - along with most of my abdominal muscle. I can never wear a bikini.
92. I've never had stitches (they taped me up after surgery).
93. I've never broken a bone. (Knock on wood.)
94. I LOVE whipped cream and hot fudge. So does my brother Spencer, shown below. (The ice cream part is optional.)
95. I don't watch Oprah.
96. My parents are good people.
97. I like striped things a lot.
98. I drink Postum.
99. I drive a silver minivan.
100. I've never been to DisneyLand.
21 comments:
I must say, Suzie P, that I thouroly (I'm a bad speller--was that right?) enjoyed reading all 100 items on your list. You are a very interesting person. I laughed and saw truths and learned things. In fact I feel somehow happier now that I've read your list. hm.
I got depressed after my first child, and it took me a LONG time to figure out what was going on.
I love the ice cream and could do with out the whipped cream.
Carrie Ann convinced me to start a blog. I'm so glad she did. I've learned a lot since then.
I guess I won't list 100 things in your comment section.
xox
B
Fun!
What a great list!
We are both the middle of 7 kids and I too think I may be addicted to sugar. Seriously.
Have a nice weekend!
p.s. Do you happen to be related to a Jerry Giles? I knew one at BYU, very smiley and blonde.
Isn't that a fun way to get to know someone. I mean, I know a lot about you from your blogs and Abby, but this was very insightful. You've NEVER been to Disneyland? I lived in So Cal so I've been about 100 times...no exaggeration! You have to take your kids, but check with me to see when the best time is...NEVER in the summer!
was that really 100?
I actually learned new things about you...I liked this very much.
P.S. Hubby and I are watching Battlestar Gallactica right this very minute! Kindreds.
I think my daughter (named after the street) made that last comment under my profile! I don't remember typing that.
Battlestar Gallactica? Pray tell how you discovered that interesting gem.
I thought I knew just about everything about my kids. Nope, I learned a few new things. Very interesting. I'm glad I made the list in a good way!
amyjune, don't knock it until you try it. I don't just like it, I LOVE it! Taylor introduced me to it, of course. It is sci-fi, but so much more. Did I mention I was talking about the new one, not the old one from the 80s? The original creator (who is still involved with the new series) is LDS, so there are very interesting and not so subtle LDS things thrown into the plot. SciFi Channel - Friday nights.
I'm wondering what I wrote that people didn't already know about me.
I just thought of a new one. I love cold cereal. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and feel completely satisfied.
Suz.
Very cute. 28 weeks. You're close to being done.
I so loved these lists.
Hey Suzie,
I loved that I am part of your number 1! That makes me feel kind of special. It was a crazy, yet awesome night!
I liked learning about your elementary school days, but sorry that some memories weren't so great.
In sixth grade, someone threatened to jump me (went to an inner city school) so I didn't go to school. My counselor was my guardian angel and we are still in contact today.
I love my Dyson, too. Thanks for recommending it.
I am glad you are pregnant too. It will be fun to have these babies together. They don't know it yet, but they will be good friends.
I loved whipped cream also.
I love learning more about you. Thanks for being my friend.
PS
Didn't get a chance to watch Battle tar Gallactica. Sorry to disappoint you. Can we still be friends.
I learned so much about you. I am so enjoying the world of the blog! I love reading all of the Oscarson girls' blogs. I come from a family of non-bloggers ( my immediate family that is) so I really like reading al of yours! Keep them coming girls! Love you all.
Don't forget, Club 33!
(For the next time you come to Southern California.)
...but you have been to Disneyworld...I love lists, any kind. It was insightful even though you are my sister. I like you a whole lot. I mean I love you a lot but I like you a whole lot too. That's cool.
Ditto on #79.
#37 explains a lot. I've always wondered that.
I loved the list!
CORRECTION: Regarding #92. I remembered today that I HAVE indeed had stitches - 3 times. I have delivered 3 children... can you see where I'm going with this? I just forgot because I never actually SAW the stitches. But I felt them. Oh, yes I did.
Pepper, do you have a blog? I can't find it if you do.
Post a Comment