Friday, August 24, 2007

Oscar / Mom Update

The good news: Oscar didn't have a potty training "accident" today!

The bad news: He threw up.

The moral: This mom just can't win!

BUT... Taylor hadn't even made it home from the airport today (finally home from a business trip) when I made my way to the salon for a good haircut. (Don't worry, the kids were left in good hands.) I then treated myself to a tangerine frappecino and fudge dessert at Starbucks. I topped off my afternoon of self-pampering with a one-hour massage. It was divine. I came home a different person and a better mom, I'm sure.

If you are reading this ... go get a massage today! Do you need someone to give you permission to pamper yourself? Well that is just what I'm doing. And I promise you - the people you live with will thank me.

Tomorrow morning I head up to Mt. Hood to begin the Hood to Coast Relay. I'm filling in at the last minute for a team who needed a substitute. I did this race last year with Taylor and a bunch of friends. This year will be a little different: I've never met a single member of my team! But don't worry - I'll be safe. One of my running friends works with all of these people. At least I won't be potty training anyone for over 24 hours. It is like a vacation, except I have to live in a van with 5 strangers for 24 hours, run 3 legs of a relay (one at 2:30 AM... and no Kelly to come help me out!) AND use nothing but port-a-potties until the race is over.















Life is such a give-and-take!

10 comments:

Tonya said...

I'm so glad it's Friday and yes a massage would be just what the doctor ordered. I'm so jealous!

Have fun with the race. I live in the Portland area and was listening to all the news coverage about it just morning. Be safe!!

Anonymous said...

If only I could take a mini vacation to be pampered. Instead I'm preparing for a journey from GA to Alaska with three kids in the car and pregnant and still puking. Sound like a dream come true? Not really but I'm sure we'll love Alaska. We really are stopping through your town adn would love to see you adn the family. :)
Mary

ped crossing said...

Like the shampoo directions always say, lather, rinse, repeat. Now apply that to pampering. Pamper, relax, repeat.

I always think that you can't take care of others if you don't take some time to take of yourself. Good for you!

Hope you have a great race and your team is filled with fun people.

Sadie Lou said...

i feel bad for you, with having to use the port a potty, and living in a van. just after a divine afternoon. but i know you will get through it:)

Meg said...

Good luck with the race. One of these years I want to get a team together to do that. It would be so fun.

Kelly(M&M) said...

You SO deserved the pampering! And I am anxious to hear about H2C and how it went. It is the best way to make friends- in a stinky van, with no sleep, for 24 hours. We are a weird breed, us runners! Sorry I missed your early morning run, I was thinking about you!

Chelle said...

Anxiously awaiting your race report..... : )

Lisa M. said...

YAY!

Abby said...

Wow...my runs are so puny. Yay [and sorry] for Oscar. Have fun and be safe!

Rynell said...

Have fun at your race!

You're so right...life IS full of give-and-take.