A few days ago I sat down at my computer and felt overwhelmed by all of the ideas swimming around in my head for a new post. So I didn't write. There was just too much that I wanted to say! And now? Nada. Weird.
I've noticed something about myself and my writing since I started this blog. The later at night it is, the better I write. For instance... Right now it is 10:29 PM. Early! My night is just beginning. I probably won't be asleep until 2:30. And right now, well... this writing sucks. Don't you think? Nothing is flowing naturally. My sentences sound choppy and contrived. Let's do an experiment. Are you with me? I'm going to come back and add to this post in an hour. Let's see if my theory is true and if my readers can confirm it: The later it gets, the better I write. See? Even that last little sentence really (what's the word I'm looking for??) yah, it just sucked. Me so bad at this early at night.
(I just read this to my husband and he grumbled, "So, this is going to be a late night? Don't we just have some cute pictures of our kids that you could post?" Yes. I do. But that wouldn't help me prove my theory, now would it?)
10 comments:
I'm guessing you never made it back. I keep a sticky on the desktop with blogging thoughts, so when I can't think of anything I head there for inspiration.
Better post tomorrow at a later time so we can test your theory. :)
thank you for sharing your crucible of creative crap, your test tube of tired typing, your petri dish of plain posts.
i hope you got some sleep, at least.
of course, i meant all that with a lot of love and caring.
I'm the opposite, by the end of the night I'm too tired to think.
Funny….Just the other day I was telling my wife how I was annoyed about my sister in-law (her sister) and how she has started blogging (It seems it is the “in” thing to do nowadays).She emails everyone to go to it and post comments. The problem that I have with it is that she does not blog about anything! She posts picture after picture of here kids! Here they are eating; here they are smiling, blah, blah, blah…. The thing that bugs me is that I thought blogging meant you are suppose to WRITE, not post photos and have captions by them…What is your opinion on this? Anyways; I appreciate your blogging, even on your off days. You are funny, insightful and witty. You could easily write a column somewhere. ….the comments by your husband made me laugh and think of my sister in-law with one child and to much time on her hands…LOL. Well, thanks for letting me vent…Blog on.
Regards,
“Jove”
I bet we're both up right now underneath the same big sky...wonder what you're doin'. I just finished a horrible session of putting Cubby to bed 20 times and ending up the crying fool, begging him to stop crying and go to sleep.
Oh, and my mind is a little distracted bc of the Democratic Debates being re-played on CNN. I'm surprised at these feelings I'm having...but I won't go into polotics in this comment. No, not tonight.
Hey, you wrote this on Sunday...you never came back! Wimp!
I won't go into politics eaither.
Are you kidding me? EITHER!
aNYtHing eLsE?!#
(I clearly get dumber by the second, no?)
I love how you are still a night owl. Me too, although I don't usually stay up until 2:30am, more like 12:30 am.
Post a Comment