Monday, March 17, 2008

Identity Crisis

Please excuse the identity crisis my blog colors and header have been experiencing lately... Just trying to find a new "me". I've been working on my header in Adobe Illustrator and I just can't figure out how to make it appear smaller in Blogger. Right now it is so big it feels just a tad egotistical. Like, HEY, EVERYONE! LOOK AT ME!! Can anyone help a gal out?

I'm toying with the idea of switching over to WordPress. Can I still keep my Blogger address? How does all of that work? You'd think after doing this for more than 3 years I'd have this all figured out. When I think about trying to keep up with all of the changes and advances in technology, my brain wants to explode. I'm determined not to look like a technological imbecile in my children's eyes, but it isn't looking good for me. There is just so much to learn, but so many dirty diapers and pb&j sandwiches stand between me and my blogging/computer time. Its just a good thing this isn't how I'm trying to make a living...

P.S. I'm training for the Salt Lake Marathon on April 19. My legs, ankles, feet, etc are killing me! I'm at the height of my training program (most number of miles in a week). I've been having problems with plantars fasciitis... that is basically where the tissue that connects your heels and toes gets inflamed and sore. One remedy is to sleep in special socks or splints that hold your foot in a "neutral" position - where your toes point more up than usual. This keeps the tissue from tightening while you sleep. Since these contraptions cost around $50, I've been trying to save money by rigging my own anti-plantars-fasciitis contraption. What do you think? Maybe not fashionable (When did I think it would be ok to wear argyle tights??) but it does the trick... kind of... that is, when the big paper clip thingies don't POP off in the middle of the night.

What do YOU do when your feet are sore and tired?

12 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

have you seen my header lately? half the page. i can't figure it out either. i even clicked "shrink to fit" and that clearly didn't happen.

i like the new picture though. looks good. and i'll bet you could make argyle tights look good. except you would have to take the clip thingys off first.

LCM said...

Hey Suzie, I got the same thing from hanging out with Fiona so much at the hospital. It's been over a year and I still have to deal with it. If you buy the ankle splints at target for about $8 and rotate http://www.myfootshop.com/detail.asp?productid=818) so that the part that goes around your ankle now goes around your foot, it will help not to point your toes while you sleep. That's my biggest problem. I also get into my spa tub and point the jets onto my feet and boy does that feel good. Good luck! Oh and put a water bottle in the freezer and roll it under your foot to ice it. I've got more, just let me know.

Cindy S. said...

I kinda like the long sock and clip look.... thats funny..That's a great idea. SAVE YOUR MONEY...is always a good thing.

Emily said...

for your header: all you do is insert your regular picture html code and before closing the carat ( > ) you type width=99% (or whatever percentage you want) Sometimes doing 100% cuts off a tiny bit so I recommend when you want the full stretch to go with 98 or 99%. It will make the img take up that percentage of the column it is in. This works for anything in html code. Tickers, photos, anything. It will also keep your photos in the correct porportion.

calibosmom said...

Stay strong! I love the contraption. My cure for sore feet...a husband with strong hands and foot scrub. I'm sending good marathon vibes your way. I have a 1/2 coming up in May and I'm soooo not ready.

Bek said...

Marathons!! You people make me tired. :-) I need a pep talk to go across the room these days... ;-)

When my feet are tired I put on my slippers. I have THE most ticklish feet on earth...so foot rubs are out (pedicures are a special love/hate torture for me)...

Hey, I have a friend that just moved to your town. She is super cool. Don't know how far away she is, but her blog is http://singlepot.blogspot.com/ E mail me if you want more info. She could be so far from you... she has two little boys who remind me an awful lot of your H and O... ;-)

S'mee said...

I am soooo trying your idea out, it looks like it just might do the trick!

Other remedy I use is taking the shoulder sized heat wrap (thermacare) and wrapping it tightly around the arch of my foot before I go to bed. FABULOUS! Fabulous. Seriously love that. Hope it works for you too!

Rynell said...

Good luck with the foot thing. I personally think your argyle fix is stylish.

I make Andy fix my headers. He plays with the code to make it fit. That's all I know, which really isn't much. Sorry. I've toyed with the Typepad option too.

Jamie said...

When I first saw the picture of your socks I had NO idea what it was supposed to be!!? I'm glad you explained it...now I get it! :) You are such a super-runner! I know I should get back into it, but I am just too lazy. :) Will the fam be coming with you for the race?

mo said...

I like the new header a lot...yeah, it is a little big. Good luck with that, can't help a bit. I think your device for keeping your feet straight is pretty creative. Who cares what it looks like--you're sleeping. Oh wait, you already published it on the world wide web!

Ang said...

That picture of you tights pinned to your shins has made my day! I am laughing so hard. Not because you're not feeling well, just because I can totally relate, only you are way more creative!!! I think you should post about this on the marathon mommies blog and title it, you know your a crazy runner when...


I really hope you are feeling better!!!

Anonymous said...

kadamkuan compelling remove cliff windmill esusgeus jenny equals proxy existent deepakshi
lolikneri havaqatsu