Saturday, August 16, 2008

What are you doing here??

Don't you know the Women's Marathon is on NBC right now? Hurry!... you can still see the finish!

7 comments:

Emily said...

oh my gosh, did you SEE IT?! I was totally blown away by the winner, I actually cried. And she KEPT RUNNING! Who keeps running after a marathon? Especially with 5 minute miles?!

Amy Lynn said...

We actually watched it for about 40minutes and then I got overwhelmed that we were going to watch the entire marathon. Did they show the whole thing? My favorite was the close-up, slow motion of the runner's legs! Amazing. I need to go see who won...I'll have you know that I discussed with the kids that this was what Aunt Sarah did and Hannah asked if you were on the TV and I told her "No, not today...maybe next time!" What about an Olympic career??

mo said...

I'm sorry, I tried but for a non-runner, it just went on and on--espcially after the American dropped out after such a short time. I promise I would watch the whole thing if you were running in it!!!

Jen -n- Jase & kids said...

I got to watch the last half hour, and WOW was that woman amazing. Funny - the you were the first person I thought of when we turned it on. It led to a discussion about the year my husband got to run the Marine Corps Marathon in DC, and made me again wonder - will I ever get to the point where I can take time to get healthy and really get to do ONE marathon too. So, I watched in awe as that amazing woman got to enjoy SO much time alone, inside the stadium before the "pack" entered. Truely inspiring! (Just like your stories and photos have been.)

Lucky Mommy said...

I saw the last 20 minutes on and off. It was pretty amazing. That woman with the grimace on her face made me cry. Now, I hope you are watching the womens' gymnastics like a good old Nadia Comaneci fan should be.

Emma Jo said...

Clark and I were actually watching it and my stomach hurt just a little. I am so excited to watch track and field as long as I can get this little persistent feeling of anxiety to go away! Honestly, the woman who won, she kept running an extra mile WHY? I don't think I could have even run a 400 with her.

JP said...

Seriously BLOWN AWAY by that woman. Holy fast running...WOW.