On a whim, a few months ago I signed up on a website to be a potential "extra" for the Twilight movie being filmed in the Portland area. The film has long since "wrapped", but my profile has remained on the site. Every now and then I get an email or a phone call asking if I am interested in a job. None of them have been for films, but for things as exciting as offering samples at a local store. Get a babysitter all day so I can go serve samples? No thanks.
But today I received an offer that I just can't pass up. It is for a print ad. The only instructions it gave were these: "Please go to audition dressed casually. They will be having you give a "frustrated" look." What? Casual clothes? Frustrated look? HellO-oo?! That is ME ALL THE TIME! No acting required! FINALLY I (might) get paid for doing what I know how to do best: dress crappy and act frustrated.
The audition is tomorrow. I'd normally ask you to "wish me luck", but I think I've got this one in the bag. But just in case... I've been practicing this in the mirror all day.
11 comments:
LOL! "Wearing crappy clothes and looking frustrated"...have you been copying me again? Very funny post.
Off topic: I think I'm full-on addicted to blogging. Can you tell? Are there any good 12-step programs out there?
Good luck! I think I'll show up to auditions and give you a serious run for your money!
That's cool! Now they will see you in person and see how beautiful you are. Then you will get movie offers. And become a movie star. Wow! See you already have the look to be a star.
Good luck! I can't wait to hear how it goes! You are awesome and would be beautiful in print.
That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Good luck all the same....may you be very casual and especially frustrated tomorrow!!
Sounds like me all day.
Hope you have fun!
too funny!!!
you truly are a funny writer....nothing like a free laugh....thanks!
Well, all I can say is I'm glad it's not me. I NEVER get frustrated, and you've been at my house a lot this summer, so you've seen how I ALWAYS look stunningly beautiful and have the most up-to-date wardrobe. There is no chance they would give me the job, so I'm glad you got to try for it!
Don't get so excited about it that you can't work up a good frustrated look! Sounds fun--good luck!
Wow! I can't wait to hear how it goes and what it's like! I think I could have posed for that this morning. I can't wait to find out what it's for! Have fun with your day off.
So? How did it go? Did you get the part? I'm so excited. A real live super star!!
So, how did it go???
Post a Comment