Have you ever sent your kids to bed without dinner? I just did. But then I caved and brought them a meager meal of tortillas with cheese and tortillas with peanut butter. But no stories. No songs. No nuttin'. Just bed. And the pork ribs that have been slow cooking all day, and the steaming baked potatoes on the counter... well, they're just gonna cool off and become leftovers for tomorrow night's dinner.
Some days I think I've really got this parenting thing down, and then there are days like today. The good news is that it is 7 PM and I'm DONE. I'm outta here!
I'm sure I'll think they are cute, fun, and adorable again tomorrow. Right? Right?!
P.S. Congratulations Ranell! Baby Natalie Anne is beautiful!
9 comments:
Ha ha, I JUST sent my little boy to bed without dinner. Yeah, I know those days and when you are just "done".
hang tough.
the BEST thing about kids--is their short term memory issues. they'll wake up allll better. yeah ;-) or not...either way---
sometimes...you have to catch their attention. and nothing else will do, but to pull out the tough love of --get out of my personal space or else I will not be responsible for the outburst you will be working over in therapy when you're 35 for a good six months...space is its own reward...for all.
thumbs up suzie!
and....(belated comment comming) your waverly "lunchbox round up" pic was AWESOME! totally can relate--cept i make amy carry her lunch the next day in a see- through ziplock gallon bag. don't know what the "issue" is with the un-coolness of seeing the lunch...but amy got over it after the fourth go around :-)
as for tonight-make sure you get yourself a big bowl of icecream to enjoy while you watch one of your favorite shows--holding the line is not an easy job, but--adults get to choose better rewards!
-af
Dont waste the left overs!!! I will eat them. That dinner sounds yummy. I knew I should've dropped off your little container last night.
I'm just dying to know what happened?? Is that beside the point? And do you seriously eat like that all the time? Sign me up.
I'm with Amy. What was the naughty behavior? And did they actually stay in their rooms? Maybe they thought it was fun having tortillas and cheese in their room. Hope today is better!
Yes I have. You are nicer than I am...I don't think I even brought them a pity snack. Sometimes they really just deserve it. I miss meals because of them all the time. But we love the little boogers, don't we.
I completely second the statement, Some days I think I've got the parenting thing down, then there are days like today.....
SO. VERY. TRUE.
I feel your pain. I refer to these moments as Mommy meltdowns because I usually lose it by then. I do love the fact that everything seems better the next day. I'm wondering how long that lasts.
I think I inadvertently send Link to bed hungry almost every night because I just can't get that kid to eat very much!
Post a Comment