Alice devoured the chocolate milk.
But be honest... is this not the grossest hot dog you've ever seen? It looked like one of those dogs that has been sitting on the rolling rotisserie thingy at the Mini Mart for a week or two. We "sent it back to the kitchen". Seriously. We got a new one.
We have an ongoing problem with our oldest child. She can't seem to remember to bring home her lunch box. We have several, but she had left ALL of them at school. So I took the opportunity today to collect them and bring them home. Good grief.

OK, so just in case you didn't get it... the hot dog was "something old". And now for "something new"! I mentioned a few days ago that we are moving in about a month. The place where we are moving is owned by some good friends, but it is not quite finished. The kitchen in particular needs a lot of work. We all went to Home Depot this week and picked out the flooring, cabinets, sink, etc. I've never had the chance to help select everything from the flooring to the counter tops, and it was very exciting! It is going to be a gorgeous kitchen when it is done! Tonight we got to work on our "something new" project: installing the kitchen floor. Here is what it looked like this afternoon with just a cement floor:

Taylor had to make another run to Home Depot and he left me to install the stuff you put down before the actual flooring. I have no idea what it is called... but it protects from moisture and muffles sound. I dig it because it is red:
I have to admit I was rather pleased with myself for doing it correctly and having it done by the time he got back. It helped that the room is a perfect rectangle, and that the width of the room was exactly 4 widths of the material across.
By dinner time we started laying the first pieces. It is always scary at the beginning of a project like this. You never know just how smoothly it will go. Are we about to get knee-deep in a project that will make us pull our hair out?
It started to come together pretty quickly once we got the hang of it. Taylor and I make a great team. We had a lot of fun doing this project together. It was like a date... with the kids screaming in the next room!
By 9:00 PM the kids were pulling each others hair out... so we called it a night. We'll be back in the morning to finish it, and hopefully install some cabinets!
10 comments:
is the flooring all pre-measured or did you have to cut it to fit?
What a fun visit to the school. And the lunch boxes- I totally relate- not thanks to my kids but thanks to me! I love the pic of Alice and Oscar. You are great at capturing their personalities.
Congrats on the new flooring! I am excited for you and your adventure. I will have to take you with me if I ever have to pick anything out.
See ya in the morning.
Buttercup refuses to use a lunch box, I think she might've gone so far as to throw away every lunch box we have that's not her sister's. I am not sure if it's not cool enough, or she hates lugging it around until she's done with recess. Who knows, she won't tell me.
So you need to email me and tell me where the new house is located, so I can picture you guys there in my mind!
We are like that with sweaters and jackets...I always have to make at least one run to the school to dip through all that stuff. You could make a killing selling all the lost and found stuff on e bay.
I think I need to call you.
I just realized how tall Waverly looks in the last picture. And she looks little annoyed. Those darn brothers. :) If you guys need any help. Please call, I would love to help.
My oldest does the same thing... with lunchboxes and more!
Good grief W. has a lot of lunch boxes! And have you noticed how tall she is getting? Check out that last pic--she is almost as tall as you are! Love the floor and can't wait to see the rest!
seriously impressive. where do you find the energy to do all this stuff???
Love the title ... very appropriate for the hot dog, especially. Gross!
We are VERY excited to have you as our neighbors and we love the work you're doing on our 'guest house' (That sounds so uppity, doesn't it?) I sort of can't believe it's actually happening ... but then I walk out there and look at the floor and say, "Woah, it's really happening." It looks great! Thanks for all your help picking stuff out and bringing it home, even with your neck hurting and Taylor not feeling well. And we appreciate all your hard work so far. Brian and I were commenting tonight how you guys are the POLAR opposite of the other folks we had living out there, and that is a great compliment!
I need to call you to...I can't believe you are moving to a "guest house" with such a stunning new floor. I need to get all the details...how, when, where, why, etc. And I love all the dangling lunch boxes...and the curdled hot dog. Ah, good ole' hot lunches!
Post a Comment