Friday, February 20, 2009

All Better

My mom says she is always the one to get the phone call when one of her daughters has hit "rock bottom" in one way or another. But we rarely call back when things are all better to let her know she can stop worrying and praying her heart out for us. I try to make a point of calling her with good news from time to time so that she doesn't have to worry about me all the time.

So what I'm trying to say is that we're ALL BETTER here... not a trace of pneumonia to be found. We've all finished our round of antibiotics and feeling much better. I think I'll even try out running tomorrow morning and see how the ol' lungs handle it.

You can all breath a sigh of relief and stop wringing your hands and worrying yourself sick over us. But seriously, thank you all for your well-wishes and prayers. That was a rough week or so, but we've made it through!

And for your entertainment... here is a race photo I just received in the mail from last Thanksgiving's Fun Run. Look at me straining my neck to scope out the competition walking behind me! I'm a dork. I know.

But I like this one of Wavy-Gravy and me. Isn't she awesome?

11 comments:

Mary Monster Mary said...

yeah!!!

michaelstubbs said...

Glad to hear it. Stay better.

Amy Lynn said...

So glad to hear everyone is on the mend. I really have thought about you and hoped that a) you were getting better and b) that you were getting lots of naps and homemade soup.

I love the pictures! I'm running a 5K in April (Salt Lake City Marathon race...minus about 23 miles for me) and the kids are running in a really fun 1K. I can't wait...wanna come???

Emma Jo said...

I am laughing at the picture, for real. So is it true? A family that runs together, stays together? It makes me jealous until I stand up and don't like the way my body feels like on knees. You are cool.

Emma Jo said...

And I am really glad that everyone is better.

Oscarson Photography said...

I'm so glad you are all back in proper form. Stay genki!!!

Jangs said...

So glad you are better. We love you

mo said...

Wait. Does this mean I can finally get up off my knees? Thanks for telling me. Seriously, I am so glad you are all well and you have been in our prayers all week. Love the running pics!

Suzie Petunia said...

I spoke too soon! Oscar had a fever today! 'Tis the season, I suppose.

Lucky Mommy said...

I'm so glad you're all better! I HATE being sick and having sick kids. I love the running pictures. You're making sure those ladies aren't gaining on you. Classic! We all have to check on the competition now and then ;)

lys said...

I love the mom and daughter pic. What could be better than that?