I have a really deep and insightful post - two of them, actually, that are half-written. And I can't focus long enough to finish them. So this is what is coming out on the ol' blog today.
Oh, I forgot to post about this. It was too disturbing and embarrassing in light of what had happened only a week or two before to post when it actually happened. Enough time has passed. Now I can share. Don't worry, no one was hurt. Our guardian angels are working double-time, and they're pulling through for us.
Here is what happened:
I was chatting on Google video chat with one of my favorite people in the world and in the next room I heard a tremendous CRASH. I turned quickly enough to catch this out of the corner of my eye as it fell to the hard wood floor below:
There used to be two ceiling fans in this vaulted-ceiling room.
The little ditty "Rain is Falling All Around" from the LDS children's song book kept running though my head after this happened, and I felt inspired to put new words to it.
Things are falling all around
In our kitchen,
On the ground.
Ceiling fans fall to the floor
I can't take this anymore!
But that isn't true. I can take anything. In fact, later that day more crappy day-to-day things kept happening with the kids. And instead of crying, I went into the bathroom, looked at myself straight in the mirror and said sternly to "life" in general: "IS THIS ALL YOU GOT? BRING IT OOOON!"
And life complied.
But I survived.
And I always will.
10 comments:
This is just plain weird. Someone is definately watching out for you guys. I'm so glad no one was under any of these things. I would have to agree with Taylor's assesement.
I am Suzie Petunia, hear my roar. You go Momma.
I like the "extra gravity" theory. Take your bathroom scale and weigh yourselves there and then elsewhere. That would be a fun family activity.
Good grief! That is downright SCARY! I'm going to come to your house and super glue everything down. I loved your approach in the bathroom...I'm going to paste that to MY mirror. I can use all the encouragement I can get...
It's definitely scary over there. But I remember walking around with you and looking for more things that could fall, and I think the two worst things already have fallen. So, you're home free! You've already survived the worst, so as you said, "Bring it ooonnnn." (And do what Brian and I do, which is blame it on the lesbians.)
As soon as I hit publish, I realized I should clarify the lesbian part for anyone else reading these comments, lest I should cause some huge ruckus. I forget that Suzie actually has many readers, as opposed to my blog, which has only 3. Anyway, before we owned this property (where Suzie lives) it was owned by two women (yes, they were lesbians) and they are the ones who built the crazy cottage and therefore everything that goes wrong over there is their fault.
I just imagined your family all sittin around in random helmets watching t.v.--- ya know, just in case.... And it made me giggle. Sorry for your trauma.. but way to take it!!
I'm glad Ranell clarified. First, I was hoping the first comment was some sort of inside joke (I've lived FAR too many places where you need to watch that online you are extreemly "politically correct")...and also because I wanted to know who in the WORLD put things up in that house??? Have you ever watched one of those Flip this House shows, and thought to yourself...may look pretty when you're done with that but OH buddy did you screw that up. I sure don't wanna buy a place YOU "fixed".
Guess you got the cute cottage of mystery. I happen to LOVE the extra gravity theory FARrrrrr more then the poor lesbian construction skills.....lol.
Do you all need hardhats for your Christmas gifts this year? Or just lots of rubber padded items, non-breakable dishes, and gym mats for the floors.?? ;o)
Wow! Life is never dull in your house is it? Glad your a survivor.
Your song made me laugh. Be careful over there.
Have you tried calling a priest to bring over some holy water? That is just crazy! I am glad no one was hurt!!
Post a Comment