Monday, June 06, 2011

It will be a treasured memory

Finishing the Run for the Roses 1/2 Marathon with Kelly and Nicole by my side. (Looks like Henry snuck in there, too.) These ladies are my best friends. They have been right there at my side for years. They are there for me always and they never let me down. They forgive me and encourage me. They love me and my family. They have made all the difference in the world. I can't imagine day-to-day life or holidays without them. And running just won't be any fun at all if they are not there.









Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

mo said...

Oh my heart is hurting for you. The hardest part of moving is being away from dear dear friends like you have. I'm glad you have these two in your life.

Emma Jo said...

Ditto to Mo. But there may be new friends in Texas that will be grateful to be your running partner too. I wish I was your running partner, especially in your kicky little running skirt.
Way to go ladies!! Always, always impressed.

Sticky Niki said...

I am so grateful to have shared this experience with you, and I am so grateful that you are a part of my life. My life will change with your move, but my feelings about you will not--I love you and we will always be best friends. We just have another vacation destination!

Kelly(M&M) said...

Thanks for making me tear up this morning! I am glad we were able to finish the run with you. I don't think of it as the end of our running history. We will just have to meet up at new places. (Shhh...don't tell Jeff!) You know how much I love and adore you. My life has been changed for good. You know that! Sticky Nikki and I will be banding together now and I am sure we will just be talking about you!! You are amazing! Texas is lucky to be getting you and your family, and you will find great running buddies out there!

Cindy S. said...

I had this weird dream about you last night Sarah.....Maybe its because I've been thinking about you guys getting ready for your move to Texas......Any way, um....it wasn't a dream. And like I said before Sherwood wont be the same with you guys gone. I hope you guys have a safe trip/adventure.

Molly said...

What a good group to finish with! And I couldn't help but notice you got yourself one of those super cute shirts that you had your eye on at the race.
I still am in denial that you all are leaving us.

Amy Lynn said...

Wow. I'm tearing up and have all my "leaving St. Louis when I was seventeen years old" feelings. It is so, so, so, so hard to leave people! I hate it...but then I have to look at the friends I've made in each of the places we've lived and I can't imagine life without them either. Sigh. Good luck sweet Sarah! I know this is wonderful and hard...