Saturday, September 24, 2011
Today Oscar was Baptized
And what a special time it was. I'll never forget how happy, smiley and calm Oscar seemed to be. He is a special boy, and I'm so grateful he is mine. His favorite song is We'll Bring the World His Truth (The Army of Helaman). We sang it for the opening song. When Taylor confirmed him a member of the church and gave him the Gift of the Holy Ghost and a blessing he mentioned what a good missionary Oscar will be. He will bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to many grateful souls. When I see Oscar I see a powerful missionary ready to burst out of his little body. He has a light that draws people to him. It is the light of Christ. And today he was especially shiny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Congrats Oscar!!! What an awesome occasion! You all look great! Cute photos! Oscar does look especially happy and shiny! He is such a great kid.
Baptisms are amazing occasions. They let us see these little people for what they truly are; strong spirits in small bodies. I'm glad you had a great day.
I love baptisms! My favorite primary class to teach is the 8 year olds because you get to go to all the baptisms and see how happy they are! It is like the glow that couples have coming out of the temple. Oscar looks so happy and handsome and your whole family looks gorgeous!! Wish we could have been there! Congrats Oscar! He is an awesome kid!
I love baptisms...especially when they involve handsome, sweet nephews! Thank you for posting pictures. I hate missing these big events...he looks so grown up!
I too am so sad to have missed this. Congratulations, Oscar! We love you and miss you!
We were thinking of you all day on Saturday and wishing we could be there. Thanks for sharing the pics. Give our shiny newly baptized boy a big hug and kiss from two grandparents who are so proud of him and miss him a lot!
It makes my little Aunt heart hurt and ache with pride for such a good boy and sadness that we couldn't be there. O Happy Day!!
Post a Comment