Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter and Such

I've already been berated by my sister for not dressing my baby and kids up to the 9s for Easter. I kind of forgot. And we have 9:00 AM church, OK? Sadly, they looked pretty ordinary as far as Sunday clothes go. So no adorable pictures of my kids all gussied up for Easter. But I did get some lovely shots of the eggs we dyed...
Pretty, don't you think?

And so symmetrical...And orderly...This last picture reminded me of one I took of myself when I was 39 weeks pregnant with Alice...
39 weeks

15 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carina said...

Can you believe it's been almost a year?!

ped crossing said...

Those were some beautiful eggs. Half of mine cracked in the boiling process. And don't feel bad, your kids look cute regardless of gussiness of their clothing.

Abby said...

Very fun post--even if there weren't gussied up children. Love the artistic egg photos. That's so weird that there was a giant blue egg on your lap when you were 39 weeks pregnant!

the wrath of khandrea said...

so whose pregnant belly is it?
and why is your sister being berated for not dressing up your kids?
i'm confused.
-sigh-

Suzie Petunia said...

Abby berated ME.

I took the picture of MY OWN belly - about a year ago.

Any more questions?

mo said...

Love the egg photos and don't worry about the outfits. In case you never noticed, I was never into all new outfits for Easter. Maybe there were just too many girls in the family and it overwhelmed me to think about it.

Mary Monster Mary said...

We were pretty ordinary too. I was a wreck cause I had to give a talk and felt the pressure of making it extra special for Easter. Loved the egg pictures!

Oscarson Photography said...

Sheaux tried to dye an egg. She had me hallow it out and she put it in a glass of colored water.... it didn't take... It was her first time, she complains... But she did a very cute job of it anyway with some not so puffy Puffy Pens! One egg said "Happy Easter" in English, and the other said "Happy Resurrection"in Japanese.

S'mee said...

dig the photos of the eggs (and comparison!)

Emma Jo said...

yummy and stinky eggs all at the same time...I like your belly shot from last year...doesn't it make you feel all trim and skinny?

AmyJune said...

Thanks for the good laugh with last year's "egg" shot? Isn't it amazing to think that our bodies are actually capable of expanding and then contracting back to normal?

Unknown said...

Love the eggs- beautiful, funny pictures.

The nines.. well, it's all just fluff.

I'd stick with just making things fun-

*smile*

(Which I know ya do!)

Carrie Ann said...

The last two pictures made me laugh really hard. The blue egg looked like it was wearing khaki pants, too! Happy Easter. We missed you as we ate ham, peas, and potato salad.

And Mo, yes we did get new Easter dresses, almost every year! We just didn't do the matchy-matchy thing. But I remember trying on dresses at Famous-Barr and choosing the one that spun out the best. And if I could get a white plastic hat and a purse out of the deal I was in heaven.

L said...

Oh wow!
I totally thought that WAS a pregnant belly for a minute there! And then i thought, did I miss something? And then I thought no way! She's running a marathon soon. And then i realized it was an egg. And then I laughed at myself.