I have to admit that part of the reason I went shopping for new clothes on Friday was because my husband's holiday party was that evening. (I know... a little late for the holidays, but that is how they do it every year.) I wanted to be his hot wife and make him look good. I also didn't want to look too frumpy when the inevitable conversation begins with a co-worker, and they ask what I do ("I am so lucky - I get to be home with our children.") and then they ask how many children. ("5.") It never fails to shock. Having five children wouldn't make people bat an eye in other places - Utah comes to mind. But here? Well, having five is a bit of an oddity. When I shock people with that information, part of me wants to make it look like it is no big deal. Part of me wants to make sure they know it is hard work.
Regardless, I wanted to look pretty. With my fashion consultant on the phone, I made a few decisions about what I would wear. I wish I had thought earlier about it and had someone help me do something a little more creative with my hair, though who I would call, I am not sure. So here is the result:
I went with something on the casual side because the invitation left it openly vague (and irritating) by saying the dress was "what you make it". Most people wear something nice-ish, but some show up in jeans and not-so-special shirts. I wore my new skinny jeans. They definitely look dressier than every other pair of jeans I own. So, ultimately, I felt pretty. But at the party I skipped dessert and had another helping of salad. It's the new, healthy me! Taylor is so awesome. He loves me no matter what. And truly, he means it. What a sweet guy I have. I love dating him. ...... And being married to him with five children.
A couple of those children were especially cute this morning in the tub, so I'll leave you with that delicious image of them.
| Nine times out of ten, Alice sticks her tongue out for pictures. I like this one because Joe is, too. |
12 comments:
You look beautiful! I get the shocked look with just 4 kids. I bet you get the jaw dropping too when you say 5! :-)
Hot Mama! You done him real proud, I'm sure. I love your tub and I love that Joe's arm is so appropriately placed for the picture.
You look awesome and I would totally stand by you at a party.
I love that close up of you, so pretty! I know what you mean about the shocked expression of having 5 kids. I come from a family of 5 and yes we do live in Utah lol.
Everytime we go to California for vacation we always seem to strike up a conversation with some locals and they ask us if we're from Utah since my parents have a lot of kids. lol
Love the outfit.
You looked great! I am sure everyone was impressed!
Even in Utah those comments come up--especially at a husband work party. I have found adding the word "only" is very effective at changing the tone of their shock. "I only have six" or "I only have half a dozen" makes for a great discussion and usually gets everyone laughing and comfortable. You look like a million bucks in the pictures.
I'm laughing and crying all at once that you said "the tub" like it was just your run of the mill tub and they are sharing a bin. I love you all to pieces. They're the cutest bin bathers I ever saw.
And YOU...well you are one HOT mama of five--mama of anything! You look awesome from H to T! (That's head to toe, if you don't watch ANTM.) Pretty make up. I am just all around very pleased with this...and salad at a party? What?!! How could you? Double impressed. Love you, and glad you had a fun night out.
Wow! I need to consult that fashion consultant WAY more than I do. You look STUNNING!!!! I tried on a pair of "skinny" jeans the other day and even the salesperson agreed they weren't my thing! Those thighs can do some serious squats but definitely don't look dainty. I love your tub bin...my kids would LOVE one!
You are absolutely beautiful in those shots. What man wouldn't be proud to show up with you on his arm! About the bin shot, if Joe hadn't been in the picture I would have sworn that was Waverly a few years ago! Holy bathtub bin!
A gorgeous mother of five. Those looks and the most improtant career on earth to boot. You're awesome.
Great picture of W and O...I mean A and J! They even cute with their tongues out!
Wow! Not to shabby!
Hot mama is right! You look amazing. Yeah-I can't even broach the skinny jean look...but it looks smashing on you...You runners...making us jealous;) And your makeup is great. Can't wait to see you in MARCH! Totally made my day when Mom told me you and Taylor were coming. Let's par-tay it up...
Post a Comment