Monday, October 22, 2012

Solution?



I know it won't fix everything, but to keep the "carnies" at my personal 3-ring circus at bay, I have devised this solution.  So simple, it has to work. Right?  I already had their names and these hooks on my nifty, crafty and never-really-been-used Family Home Evening board thing. So I just printed up a "to do" list specific for each of my kids for each day of the week. I included specific repeated homework assignments, a daily chore, and practicing piano.  I slipped each paper in a sturdy sheet protector. I can use a dry erase marker to write in specific chores or a last-minute change in plans.  If they do everything on the list by the end of the day they get a reward.  I used to use a nifty site called myjobchart.com, and we're going back to that. Basically, the kids earn points that they can use toward the purchase of anything their hearts desire (within reason and within my budget) from Amazon.com.

With a plan like this, how can I possibly fail? My every worry is gone. Every problem solved... until they find a loophole. And they always do.

7 comments:

mo said...

I saw this on Pinterest and thought, how do these wonderful organized women come up with these great ideas...then I realized it was you!!! Aren't you brilliant? Even if it works for just a while and then you have to go to something else, it is a great idea! So proud of you!

Kelly(M&M) said...

I love that you turned your frustration into a solution. Looks like a great plan! Let us know how it works.

Marissa said...

Love. :)

Emma Jo said...

Mmm, organization.
Hang a sign above it that says "all loopholers to be shot on site."

michaelstubbs said...

Wendy will love this. It is sure to appear in my house soon.

Lucky Mommy said...

I need one just for myself. I love it and hope it helps people remember what needs to get done. I usually just cower away from my problems and look at you finding a solution.

Hallway Express said...

Great idea! I sure hope it helps in getting the kids to accomplish their duties without you having to remind them a million times. I have children that need reminding lots and lots and then one(Ashlynn)that are more organized than me. Thanks for sharing.